64 and 32 bit CUI

Small Fish

In our office one or two computers run 64 bit Autocad 2010 the rest are 32 bit. We have a company custom cui on the network.

I can not test myself so has anyone had experience of mixed 32 and 64 bit autocad running the same company network? Someone made a 64 bit cui from the 32 bit cui - but is this necessary?

My guess is that everyone uses the same cui file regardless of whether they use a 64 or 32 bit machine.

I would be interested to hear experiences of others who have a similar setup.

thanks

SF

Our drawing projects were getting huge and with the addition of adding GIS photos to our projects it was really getting tough to navigate within the drawing.

We changed over to 64 bit because we wanted to change to 8Gig of ram (which is required)... That really helped

Hi Small Fish, we have 6 64 Bit workstations (with 64 bit 2008 & 2010) & about 20 or so 32 bit workstations (with 32 bit 2008 & 2010) all accessing the same enterprize cui on the network with no problems. These machines also share the same plotter pc3 files, but the machines have to have the same version of print driver (64 bit or 32 bit ) respectivly.

CUI files are essentially data files & I don't believe data files store architecture info (64 bit of 32 bit), they are just data & should work on either system. I could be wrong on this but I haven't had any issues with data files yet.

hope this helps

Eamon

Thanks ....

....but that does answer my question about 32 and 64 bit machines using a custom cui on the network.

CUI files are essentially data files & I don't believe data files store architecture info (64 bit of 32 bit), they are just data & should work on either system. I could be wrong on this but I haven't had any issues with data files yet.

Thanks Eamon - you have confirmed what I thought was true

SF