3d polyline wireframe to solid

whiterabbit

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have been following it for awhile and think it is an invaluable exchange network.

I'm stuck on how to convert my model to a 3d solid, i have it as a mesh model in rhino, and lines and 3d polylines in autocad. region + extrude (press pull) doesn't work. i can't offset it = it says points are not in same plane. I don't know what to do....please help!

That's one of the problems encountered with doing something in one program and then bringing the output into another. Sometimes you just create more headaches for yourself.

AutoCAD does have a mesh-to-solid conversion command but I'm not 100% sure it will work in your case. But you should at least give it a try. Click on the Mesh Modeling tab, find the Convert Mesh panel and click on Convert to Solid. What happens?

ReMark,

Thank-you so much for your reply. It seriously is a big headache. But I would love to get it to work so I can put it into revit 2011. I tried convert mesh but it would not work because it said I had open meshes - ie gaps. I am trying to resolve this but in rhino, there are no gaps!!! i also used the highest mesh triangulation output. there is also a convert solid command in rhino 4 but i couldn't get that to work either. :( I will keep trying! i have got to get inventive I think!

• 4 years later...

hello

was reading this thread

i have same exact issue..

I have 3 D polylines i need to convert to 3D solids.

-CONVOTOSOLIDS does not work

can you advice on anythig which can make me do the conversion easily? i have more than 1000 shapes..

thanks heaps

kay

ReMark,

Thank-you so much for your reply. It seriously is a big headache. But I would love to get it to work so I can put it into revit 2011. I tried convert mesh but it would not work because it said I had open meshes - ie gaps. I am trying to resolve this but in rhino, there are no gaps!!! i also used the highest mesh triangulation output. there is also a convert solid command in rhino 4 but i couldn't get that to work either. :( I will keep trying! i have got to get inventive I think!

have you found a solution to this issue..?