Selct a Path to preview drawing

au-s

Hi guys,

Got a little problem.

I have a file, lets call it 1.dwg saved in c:\\one\\two\\three\\four

I have another file I want to preview and insert to my 1.dwg in c:\\one\\two\\here\\Iam

Now I do this to get absolutepath to the drawing:

[font=Arial][font=Arial](setq absolutepath (strcat (getvar "DWGPREFIX") )) [/font]
[/font]

Then to get the path to the other drawin I want to insert I do:

[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial](setq path1 (dos_absolutepath absolutepath "..\\..\\here\\Iam"))[/font]
[/font][/font]

That gives me c:\\one\\two\\here\\Iam, exactly what I want.

I preview that then with:

(setq file (dos_dwgpreview "Choose File:" path1 ".dwg"))

BUT, the problem is that I need to open the drawing first from the right path "c:\\one\\two\\three\\four for that to take effect.

If I, say open it in another path, like c:\\get\\this\\right\\here and save as in c:\\one\\two\\three\four that doesn't work and will point to c:\\get\\this\\here\\Iam.

So, I have to open it in the right path to get the lisp to work its way to the right folder.

Now, that isn't really a problem but it's irritating. You can always warn a user to save as in the right path and then reopen it.

And without any experiance I say that "I don't think that substr works here". :) That because of folder-structures and paths, see below.

c:\\project1\\one\\two\\three\\four

c:\\project2\\one\\two\\three\\four

Of course, that requires DOSlib for the dos_absolutepath to work. And I do have that, allthough maybe there's another way but I do find DOSlib helpfull sometimes.

Okay,

I was wrong about substr. I used substr.

Allthough the same problem. You have to open it from the right location to trigger the lisp

it seems to work so far when I do:

(setq absolutepath (strcat (getvar "DWGPREFIX"))
path1 (substr absolutepath 1 32)
stamppath (strcat path1 "here\\Iam")
)

All in one setq that is

I haven't read the whole thread as yet, but FYI:

(setq absolutepath (strcat (getvar "DWGPREFIX"))

You aren't concatenating strings so you don't need the strcat.

(setq absolutepath (getvar "DWGPREFIX")

It won't affect whether it works or not though.

Yeah, the lisp is working perfectly but I need to OPEN the drawing from the right location first.

I can't ie open a template.dwt and then save as in right location and run the lisp. It won't work. it will then try to make the path1 from the template location.

BUT when I open it from the right location then it somehow knows how to behave ;)

Edited by au-s