wipeout layers printing black

Sarah H

I have a paper space with a wipeout layer over the plan and below a table. Yesterday I printed this off fine but today I need to print to a pdf and then print a paper copy, the pdf looks fine but when sent to a printer it prints a huge solid black rectangle where the wipeout layer is. It's definitely the wipeout and not the table, I tried another drawing with polygonal wipeouts.

Anyone come across this?

I've searched for this and haven't come up with an answer, sorry if it seems I'm being a lazy forum member, I honestly did search!

Someone suggested teh printer driver was at fault, but this was never confirmed as the answer. I'll get my collegue [who was actually encountering the problem and blaming me!] to try that.

So there's no solution?! How frustrating, a nice neat drawing on the screen and a terrible mess on the page! I just hope no one I've emailed pdfs to has this problem with the drawing, this could actually be really annoying.

Do you know whether I should delete this post?

What print driver are you using to create the pdf from AutoCAD? If your using a adobe print driver you will have this issue. You may want to try using the dwg to pdf.pc3 print driver supplied by autocad. This may take care of the problem.

I've searched for this and haven't come up with an answer, sorry if it seems I'm being a lazy forum member, I honestly did search!

Someone suggested teh printer driver was at fault, but this was never confirmed as the answer. I'll get my collegue [who was actually encountering the problem and blaming me!] to try that.

I didn't mean to imply you were lazy, just thought I will give you heads up if you don't know about the search feature in this site.

sorry if I have ofended you.

• 1 year later...

I remember I had this problem once also when I was learning how to use AutoCad (and used wipeouts as I didn't know any better then). It was going to be too much work and time to fix it (large set), so was only able to be printed from the CAD file, not the pdf. I certainly learnt my lesson after that.