How to convert to Revit...

Siberian

I'm a standard AutoCAD user - like most of us in here are - and I've come to know quite well how it works and handles. So when we finally decided to have a look at Revit I just froze in place while looking at the screen. White background...four mysterious arrow-like dots on the screen which I first tried to erase...and the menus are so different...

So my question is really this, are there any good guides/tutorials out there that can help me across from AutoCAD to Revit in a nice manner? It's Revit MEP actually if it matters. Or if you just have any general tips that would be great, thx :)

I'm a standard AutoCAD user - like most of us in here are - and I've come to know quite well how it works and handles. So when we finally decided to have a look at Revit I just froze in place while looking at the screen. White background...four mysterious arrow-like dots on the screen which I first tried to erase...and the menus are so different...

So my question is really this, are there any good guides/tutorials out there that can help me across from AutoCAD to Revit in a nice manner? It's Revit MEP actually if it matters. Or if you just have any general tips that would be great, thx :)

Go ahead and sign up for a Revit training course. I will be the first to tell you that if you open up Revit with an AutoCAD mindset, you're already set up to fail. It's not the same at all. Completely different.

Plenty of stuff on the web, just Google. :)

The way I have been learning is via the ATP (AUGI Training Program) they have been running online courses for Revit Architecture, the first course has just been archived in their system so you should be able to get the information from that site. I cannot praise the course highly enough.

I've yet to find a book to go thru the things that they didnt cover (rendering, and setting up company templates is about all I think is missing)

As styk says, you cannot think of it as AutoCAD, if you do, you're going to struggle with the way it works