Adding to an autocad drawing

autolean

Hi,

So I am new to autocad. I have been given a drawing where I need to insert some objects to estimate space in a building. I understand how to insert shapes/objects into a current drawing. But, I want to make sure that it's accurate to the scale of the drawing. I've been given real-life measurements for objects. What I need to understand is how to properly draw these shapes into the drawing so that it depicts the real-life measurements and scale? Is my question clear? Can anyone help me?

For instance, I am drawing objects that have real-world measurements of 45'' wide x 50'' deep. I've been asked to leave 3 feet b/t each row. And, to stack the objects 5 high. I have no clue where to begin to make my measurements accurate in this drawing.

The cardinal rule in AutoCAD is draw all objects in model space at full size whether it is a something as small as a 1/8" diameter screw or something as large as a Boeing 777 Dreamliner.

Are you working with a drawing that was done "to scale" as one might draw manually on a drafting board?