separate mass overlapping text.

hay123

Just thought I would throw this one out there, in the hope someone may have some clever way to separate masses of single overlapping text.

I work for a surveying firm, and receive survey data files with which cad files are to be produced. Survey files contain levels, which consist of, lots of crosshairs with a textural level, and a textural code which need to be read on final plan.

When I receive the file, often their are alot of levels close together and text is clumped ontop of one another and needs to be separated. I usually sift through moving each lot of text out a bit, so it does not overlap another set of text.

I have attached a file as an example and have made a start in bottom right of screen.

Also I can delete some levels, but can only do this if they are close in value, like within 3mm (e.g. if there is a level of 21.83, right next to a level of 21.86, it is ok to delete)

Hope I have made sense.

• 2 months later...

try this OVERKILL

Have you ever had a drawing (from an outside source of course) with lines atop lines, or multiple line segments used where a single line would serve? There's an AutoCAD Express Tool to help with cleaning up such drawings. Start the OVERKILL command from pull down:

Express > Modify > Delete Duplicate Objects

The following dialog is displayed (shown with default options):

Overkill1.gifSo what's it do? Primarily it deletes duplicate entities: text on top of text, blocks on top of blocks, lines on top of lines, plines on top of plines, etc. Where there were multiple entities that are exactly the same in size, position, orientation, etc. only one remains after running OVERKILL.

The dialog allows you to set certain comparison options.