Unlock DWG (urgent)

hamletuct

If you use the "list" command and pick some of the things in your drawing, they come up as "Autodesk Inventor Object". The text is all in various anonymous blocks. Refedit won't edit an anonymous block, but you can explode these to edit them. as for the Inventor objects, I don't know if there's anything you can do with just Autocad to make them usable. Perhaps the others will have more information for you.

Guys...any way to take an Inventor drawing to Autocad?

Try to insert block, and pick them from the block list.

You should be able to explode it and modify it later.

The only blocks that show up are the anonymous blocks that contain the text and dimensions. You can explode those as they are. The items that show up as "Autodesk Inventor Object" aren't selectable, nor are they insertable as a block.

My suggestion to the OP would be to get the person who sent this drawing to export it to Autocad again, with it set to create Autocad entities, if possible. I don't know anything about the current versions of Inventor so I don't know what is possible with it.

Try to insert block with name sheet_view**

Each view created in Inventor will create a block. Unfortunately, the annotation will not follow the blocks.

But at least you can edit them...