Unfill Polyline

rmair

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I only want to 'unfill' particular polylines. When i put FILL>OFF all the objects in the drawing become unfilled on paper space.

Any ideas how i can just select the polylines i want and unfill them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

ok thanks, so if i use the double line command is there a quick way of enlosing the two lines i.e capping off the ends or do i need to do this manually with by drawing lines on either end.

sorry but im new to autocad

thanks

I am a scaffold designer and want to have my tubes 'unfilled' they are 48.3mm diameter of varied length so i require them to be capped at the ends. It is autocad lt 2010 I am using.

Thanks for the responses...

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you are using a single polyline with a width of 48.3 to represent your tube right? If so I would suggest that this is the wrong approach and that you should be using the rectangle command instead.

Look at the image below. On the left is a 48.3 x 500 rectangle representing your tube. AutoCAD utilizes a polyline when the Rectangle command is used. On the right is a single polyline that has an assigned width of 48.3. If I were to turn fill to "off" this polyline would look like the object on the left but it would not be a tube shape it would be just a single polyline.

Polyline fill tube.jpg

Edited by ReMark

ok thanks, so if i use the double line command is there a quick way of enlosing the two lines i.e capping off the ends or do i need to do this manually with by drawing lines on either end.

If you set up a Multiline style as required, the ends will be capped. :D

ah ok i see. an 'unfilled' polyline seemed to be the best option as i could draw any angle with them easily for braces etc.

rectangles arent ideal because i have to alter the diameter each time and the angles take a bit of playing about with.

i'll keep trying...thanks to everyone for the feedback

I don't agree with the method you are using and wouldn't except it by one of my drafters. Your method is really a matter of convenience rather than good drafting practice.