(URGENT) Autocad 2010 Arhitectural - Missing menus, toolbars, command line...

mitja gti

Hi,

could someone help me with my problem? I'm missing everything on my "desktop" :? I haven't been messing with anything, it was all working great and then this...

I never had this kind of problem in previous versions :unsure:

i's kind of urgent, because i have to do some work today, but can't do it without menus, toolbars, comand line...

Is this version of Autocad 2010 such a crap and i should remove it and use older ones??

Untitled-2.jpg

If dynamic input is active , then with the crosshaisr in the graphic area type "commandline" to get the command line back and then "cui" to set up your workspace.

If dynamic input is not active can you change your workspace with the cog wheel in the AutoCAD status bar?

If all that fails make a copy of the shortcut you are using to start AutoCAD and in the copy remove the profile name ( " /P ) from the end of the Target textbox, so that AutoCAD will start with the default profile, or just double click the acad.exe file in the installation folder.

Hi,

i already reinstalled v2010 and it stared to work again, but after inserting Autocad drawing into word 2010, the same thing happened again. For few drawings it worked, then it just opened plain (no toolbars, ...).

I tried with what you suggested, it's working for current drawing, but when i restart the acad i have to do it all again.

This is so frustrating... i was able to work with previus versions, but this one is a pain in the a**. 1 hour job is taking now 1 day job. :sweat::sick:

also even after reinstall, i am missing toolbar that comes at the bottom of the screen containig icons for toggling osnap, ... is there any way to get that back?

I think this version has just too many bugs or it's not functional to use in serius work. I'm scared what else there will go wrong :S I think i'll go back to 2009.

Thank you for your help.

There's nothing seriously enough wrong with AutoCAD 2010 to cause the type of problems you are having. I think you had a bad install then compounded the problem by doing an incomplete uninstall/reinstall which messed up your Registry.

crtl+0...i think you're in the "clean screen" mode....

clean screen, at least on my machine doesn't turn off the command line and menu bar, just the toolbars and pallets...not sure what's happened to the OP to cause that. I hate to see him having this trouble too, because i personally think 2010 is the best version they ever put out. takes some getting used to, but now that i have, i think its great

Hit Ctrl+9 to bring back the command line.

Hit Ctrl+0 to get out of clean screen mode.

Type MENUBAR and change the setting to 1.

Type OPTIONS, go to the "Display" tab > "Layout Elements" and check the box to "Display Layout and Model Tabs".

That should put everything back to normal.