Googe Earth Pro surfaces and AutoCAD

twistun

Using GE Pro and just practicing I zoomed in on an area I wanted to retrieve surface info from. I switched back to AutoCAD C3D 2010 and used the command "importgeimage" and the image I had selected nicely popped right into my drawing at 0,0.

Next, I used the command "importgesurface" and after processing, the surface data was placed on my image. I created an alignment and generated a profile all in about two minutes. This is fantastic.

Uh oh! Now I want to do the same thing to a site I'm working on. I repeated the same steps but when I generated the profile there was no alignment line in it. While setting up my profile via the "Creat Profile View" dialog box I noticed that there was no profile view height elevation, the minimum and maximum heights read zero. There should have been some info there.

Anyone know what's going on?

The only thing I can think of is that this location is in the middle of the boondocks and doesn't have all of the elevation data attached to it; but when I'm in Google Earth and moving my cursor around it's giving me various elevation readings at the bottom of the screen so I can't figure out why it isn't transferring that info to my surface and then to my profile.

If you have a solution or any ideas...I'm listening.