Microstation to AutoCAD Drawing Problem

skipsophrenic

Hi

URGENT

I've got the problem that I've been asked to update a drawing by changing the width of 3 rectangles - no problem right? WRONG,

The drawing was originally done in microstation and then converted to dwg, now when I open it, it views ok apart from the fact everythings at a weird ucs angle, and the flatten command wont work.

This is the text i get in the command bar

Command: flatten

Initializing...

Select objects to convert to 2d...

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 3887 found

Select objects:

Remove hidden lines? :

20 were not able to be exploded.

bad argument type: lselsetp nil

See screenshot for explanation of ucs problem -

problemjpg.jpg

try 'wblock' out the drawing's content & see waht happens.

or may be start new drawing & bring in the content of this drawing thru insert command, see if it works.

And this is in UCS World? There aren't any named UCSs that's messng things up?

I'd go with Dips suggestion, WBlock it out and bring it into another drawing, that should set it at the right angles anyway.

i'll try it, for now i've had to go the untidy version of txt override and just say what the width is. (i HATE doin that) so i'll let you know how i get on

Edit: - No joy what so ever!!!!!

best bit is the STANDARD procedure here is if started in microstation it SHOULD be completed in microstation and Vica Versa with AutoCAD.

You've got to fix that UCS before ANY flatten command will work. UCS is one of my weak points I am afraid to say :(

great: same here, that's why i'm mainly a 2d bod in the office, my 3d mods can be pretty dire

Skips, look through the help menus on resetting the UCS. There used to be a way of doing this. Or telling it the new directions for X and/or Y.

Sorry that I am not much help :(

Sean

Don't worry m8, have been searchin through the 3d part of forum - i'm sure i'm not first person with this so i'll fing the right thread eventualls, but otherwise i'll hang in there - and you've been more help than you know in that i didn't even think of resetting my ucs *DUMB ME* so thanks again