annotative

Marc5

Good Afternoon:

Made an attibute, linked it with a block and made it annotative. The block appears in only (1) scale - 3/32. I think I have the block to be annotative to scale 1/4. In the block reference window under annotative scale there is listed (4) scales. When I view thru a view port the only scale the block appears on is the 3/32. The drawing I made the attibute / block in is set to 3/32. When I click on the block I get two annotative symboles. I am confused as to why the block I made can not be seen in the view port at the view port scale.

Please help.

Thanks,

Marc

I'm a little confused about your statement. Do you have the annotation scales assigned to the block? In model space, have you changed the cannoscale to the scale you wish to see it at through the viewport so that it gets assigned?

Note a VP's Anno Scale can differ from its view scale. This usually happens if you open a DWG created from an earlier version ACad. Make sure that the 2 drop-downs match when you select / double click into the VP.

To the best of my knowledge, yes on the assigned scales to the block. When I click on the block it indicates (2) annotative symboles and in the block reference window under misc, annotative scale the following scales are listed: 1/8, 1/4, 3/32 and 1'.

This drawing was not opened from an earlier version. It was created in 2010. What are the two drop-downs mentioned?

Thanks.

Apparently the newer ACads have combined the drop-down into one. Although I think it's simply a case of omitting one of them. They tend to work in conjunction with each other, but it is possible to have them out of sync (not just from starting the DWG from 2007 and earlier). When you've got the viewport selected in PS the statusbar looks as follows:

Vanilla 2008:

2008 Scales.png

Vanilla 2011:

2011 Scales.png

But the values are still 2 separate things. E.g. if you open the properties palette in 2011 while having a VP selected:

2011 Scales Prop.png

So it seems you need to select a VP and open prop-pal (Ctrl+1) to check this. I've made a small lisp a couple of years ago to fix this problem due to 2007-2008 conversion. PSVports.LSP Maybe this could help. The command is MatchAllVPScale. The other MatchVPScale command asks you to select the VP's you want modified. Basically it sets the VP's anno scale to the closest match of the VP's zoom factor.