Isometric dimension...

truant

Hello,

I have an isometric view in paper space of a 3d model in model space, I need some dimensions, but I am having trouble.

I created a "Aligned Dimension" then I oblique it so it is in the proper plane.

The problem is, its only taking into account the 2 dimension of paper space, and my dimension measuerments are coming up to small. (i dont think its a scale issue, I have tried with a 1:1 viewport)

If you need further explanation or a screen shot to help me, please let me know.

Thank You,

Please tell me a little more on what you are doing. I have recently done the same thing, and while I used another program-Isomaker, to dimension I am interested in finding the right answer in Cad as well. Please send a copy.

Thanks.

Are these duct banks? Is this the Model view or the Paper space view?

One way you can change the length by overwriting the text in properties, since you know what it should be.

Are these duct banks? Is this the Model view or the Paper space view?

One way you can change the length by overwriting the text in properties, since you know what it should be.

the dimension and the screen shot are from paper space

I know the text override would work, but in are client spec they talk about not using that.

That is cable bus from a TX to Switchgear.

Here are a few articles that I found on it. See if these work for you. The first two are basically the same just taught a little differently.

http://management.cadalyst.com/cadman/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=161013

http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_3/3-2.htm

This step was also mentioned on her in 07.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2878360&linkID=9240617

Hope these help. Otherwise I am at a loss...

as far as i know the dimensions will only work in the xy plane.

from the view the dimension lines appear to be in the correct orientation.

if you but your UCS at one of the points of interest and select the other one, what does your coordinates say the location is?

Also you can use the measure(little ruler icon) and it will give you a total distance, and x,y,z distances.

the dimension is not wrong, its just dimensioning it as though it were a flat object, not an isometric object. the dimension registering is taken from the drawing but treated to be on a 2D plane, eg a flatshot of flatten image. im not sure if there is a variable to set it to measure the actual length on paperspace.

to get the actual measurement you must dimension it directly on the 3d object, but to do that you must always be resetting you UCS Origin to the plane of the object you want to dimension.

Search the Forum for a topic like this, there are some step by step procedures on how to do this