polyline area dimension

please assistme:

is there any kind of tool or script that will allow to appear selected polyline area dimension automatically directly in drawing area. now i should write down it manually in text box

Type Field at the command line [enter]

In the Field name section, select Object

In the object type area, click on the box w/ the red X on the right

Select the polyline you want the area

In the Property: window select Area then click OK

(notice there are options for formatting)

thank you very much

1 more question:

is it possible to not to typing every time "field", instead of it place button or some visual element that refers to this command "field"

ok thanks

i meant is this possible to place the same text (area dimension) like linear or aligned dimension methods, with just one click and second question: in that way i do i have to write the sufix each time or is it possible to save this option?

• 4 months later...

you can mess with the field itself and just paste it into a text box if you like...

this way you can maintain complete control of the units

i.e. i'm working in mm but want the area in sqM all you need to do is guess the object id value of the individual polyline you wish to measure and bobs your mothers brother

%%).Area \f "%lu2%pr0%ps[, sqM]%ct8[1e-006]">%

• 5 months later...

Yes, List command able to let me see the width and height value. but how do i get those value and make the dimension style.

or i must write the text myself.

Hello,

IMHO it is better, to place the area information inside a block attribute, this will make it much more easy to get access to this information.

Anyhow, ther are several tools published here at cadtutor.net:

to name a few:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32396

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23057

The above deals with "TEXT"-Objects

And here's one that can manage block-attribs also:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31029&highlight=area+field

A forum search for "area calculation", "roomtag" etc will sure lead to some lisp who deal with attributes, there are several among them, who places a field value directly to a block attribut.

regards

Wolfgang

• 1 month later...

i think what you have been talking about relates to what I'm looking for - but those thread numbers didn't seem right. I need a way to have a block attribute refer to an object's attribute such as a pline's area. I know about fields but Im not sure about getting a field to connect with a block attribute. Ultimately I want to be able to produce a room schedule using data extraction techniques...any advice?

i think what you have been talking about relates to what I'm looking for - but those thread numbers didn't seem right. I need a way to have a block attribute refer to an object's attribute such as a pline's area. I know about fields but Im not sure about getting a field to connect with a block attribute. Ultimately I want to be able to produce a room schedule using data extraction techniques...any advice?

Hi oompa_I,

"any advice?" --> Do a forum search, they have a good search engine here at cadtutor.net :D

Just joking, as I'm now allowed to post links (one of the many advantages for those who post...), I corrected the links, and added a new one, this should suite your needs.

For data extraction, take a look at the express-tools, that comes within acad, the attin/attout is a verry powerfull method of reading and rewriting block-attributes.

regards

Wolfgang

• 3 months later...

hi guys.

i have tried to use field in creating floor area. after selecting

the object, there are no data in the property. Any ideas on how to

solve this.

Thanks

I like that, I did not even know that it was possible to use field command in that way , are there any other tips that you could reccomend using this command, I always use enquiry command, there are always different ways of doing things.