Time Tracking

hoax23

We had to let an electrical drafter go a couple years ago because she was clocking in, then going home, then coming back to clock out and go home again ......

That was the appropriate way to deal with that situation. In this state "Fired for Cause" keeps you from drawing unemployment too when its something like that. But how does the ipad thing help that? Does it take your picture every time you go through the door? She could still clock in and leave if not. Doing that is a lot like locking a gate where there is no fence.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• Jack_O'neill

• DANIEL

• Patrick Hughes

We could do that same thing. The iPad is in the mail room...not a door you have to pass through to leave.

I'm not even in the building. I can come and go as I please. The only way they can log me is my computer use or the cameras on the equipment yard, as I park in back. So I could go clock in, drvie off...come back later and clock out. The only read flag is that I'm half expected to be online (software, lisps, tutorials, etc), so if they don't see me online, they'll pull my computer activity and see none an go from there. Surveillance on the yard would see me come and go.

• 7 months later...
What software is everyone using? I'm looking for software that would allow me to have my employees click on the job name then the floor they are working on and then the task such as meetings and either have a running time count or manually input the time so it would report the time as (Test Job>2nd Floor>Meeting>HH:MM). We tried TimeGuard but it seemed to me it had some flaws however I liked the way it was organized as far as general task and then specific task. I would also like the software to have one central database that is managed by one person. any software suggestions is greatly appreciated.

My suggestion would be Freckle time tracking from Amy Hoy and Thomas Fuchs. It is what I have been using since I started with my freelance career. So far, it has not failed me. The developers are also constantly updating features to address current needs and/or trends.

Check it out here, http://letsfreckle.com.