workspaces (missing 3d workspace)

mariass

Hi

I have previously only used autocad for 2d drawing, and havent looked into the different workspaces. Now as I decided to test autocad for 3d drawing, I tried to change the workspace to 3d Modelling as I was told. It appears I only have one workspace and its called Architecture. How can I set up a 3d workspace?

Im currently using Autocad 2011 Student version and running it on Windows through Virtual Box on a mac. Hope someone can help!

Thank you, but still not working! Do I have to install vanilla seperately? When I type in \ACADM 2011\ it tells me something like "unvalid path." Also, theres no file in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk folder called that (or something with vanilla). In the Autodesk folder I only have the following folders: autocad, 3d studio, design review.

Do I have to install vanilla seperately?

No, no, no........ ......no! AutoCAD Archecture runs on top of vanilla AutoCAD - you simply need to start the program with the vanilla profile.

When I type in \ACADM 2011\ it tells me something like "unvalid path." Also, theres no file in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk folder called that (or something with vanilla).

Of course it gives you an error - I thought those instructions in the referrenced thread clearly inicated that path was for AutoCAD Mechanical - not AutoCAD Architecture and that portion of the path should be edited appropriate for your AutoCAD Architecture install. I don't have AA so I'm not sure exactly what the path is - determining this is usually covered in a Computer Science 101 type class usually taken BEFORE a CAD class.

The "vanilla" is a profile setting in your application Options (as shown in the picture) - not a file.

Your professor should be able to help you fix this or you might want to hire a fellow student or IT Professional with more experience to help you fix the problem (should take 5-minutes or less).