Eraser Optiom

i have a pdf drawing up which im making minor changes to, is their any way of a simple "eraser" option (something basic, like in paint) where i could rub out certin lines in the drawing?

just wondering

thanks guys:)

im using mechanical 08 (inventor) and im just trying to delete some lines, but is their such thing as an eraser option for rubbing out part of an image, the only way i can see atm is covering the lines with a block and fill it white, but thats kids stuff, there must be a way guys!

thanks Leigh and Leesutto for your input.

ps. haven't got photoshop

So you want to edit a pdf in a CAD package? good luck.

If you are stuck just with CAD then what you suggested is probably your best option. EDIT: Or alternatively, do what should be done, and tell the monkey that gave you a pdf that you need the CAD file...and then slap him.

im using mechanical 08 (inventor) and im just trying to delete some lines, but is their such thing as an eraser option for rubbing out part of an image, the only way i can see atm is covering the lines with a block and fill it white, but thats kids stuff, there must be a way guys!

thanks Leigh and Leesutto for your input.

ps. haven't got photoshop

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

may be 'wipeout' is the answer from what i ahve heard. I don't use it ever so not sure if it will work on the image though. good luck.

Ritch,

I do that kinda thing from time to time with a PDF, by using the pencil tool set to white, or line tool for straight lines, and a text box tool with a white backround and no border to block out areas of a page like a wipeout, for small edits, and for larger ones it seems easier to save the pdf as a JPG and edit it in paint..

When i use to have to modify pdf's (which is a realllllyyyy bad practice by the way) i just converted it to an tiff image and imported it to cad as an raster image. At that point you can erase, add, modify, etc. all you want to the pdf.