Installed Trueview 2011 and now ADT 3.3 does not work properly

pdoak

I downloaded Trueview 2011 Friday to convert a file down so I could open it in my version (ADT 3.3), and after downloading it none of the AEC objects can be viewed in the program. I have about three projects we’re working on that I have drawn using the program’s Walls, windows, doors, etc., and all of them now just show up as ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY, like you would see if you opened an ADT file in plain autoCAD. I contacted Autodesk using their website and they said “this department doesn’t handle technical support, please contact your reseller…”.

I don't know if this answers your question entirely or not, but its clipped from the TrueView documentation:

ac.down.gifAutoCAD Architecture (ACA) Custom Objects In DWG TrueView, ACA (formerly called ADT) custom objects are not upgraded when converting the drawing containing them to a different drawing format. This is highly desirable.

In contrast, when the ACA Object Enabler is present in AutoCAD-based products, all ACA objects are upgraded to the latest ACA format. This can present problems when AutoCAD users on the latest version collaborate with ACA users that are several releases behind. AutoCAD users can open the ACA file and save it to the AutoCAD 2004 format used by the previous ACA version, but now the ACA objects are changed to the AutoCAD 2008 versions. When these upgraded ACA objects are encountered in ACA, they are treated as proxy objects.

ac.down.gifAdditional limitations of Saving to Earlier Versions Converting a drawing to AutoCAD 2007 format is subject to the following limitations:

• DGN underlays do not display in releases prior to AutoCAD 2008.
  • Multileaders display as proxy objects in releases prior to AutoCAD 2008.

Converting a drawing to AutoCAD 2004 format is subject to the following limitations:

• Dynamic block geometry can be redefined independent of the block’s dynamic elements, and the geometry in the block reference is not updated when the drawing is opened in a product based on AutoCAD 2007 or later.

Converting a drawing to AutoCAD 2000 format is subject to the following limitations:

• File size can increase.
  • Encryption and digital signatures are not preserved.

Converting a drawing in AutoCAD Release 14/AutoCAD LT 98/AutoCAD LT 97 format is subject to the following limitations:

• Hyperlinks are converted to AutoCAD Release 14 attached URLs.
  • Database links and freestanding labels are converted to AutoCAD Release 14 links and displayable attributes.
  • Database attached labels are converted to multiline text and leader objects, and their link information is not available. Attached labels are restored if you open the drawing in AutoCAD 2000 or later.
  • Arc length and jogged dimension objects might not retain their original color in AutoCAD Release 14.
  • DWG TrueView does not convert of pen-width settings to lineweights.

Jack, thanks for taking the time to post a reply! I think what you posted confirms that it was indeed trueview that has caused my issues. I think I've found that the objectarx application is missing from the load menu on my ADT, so I'm hoping it's still on my machine and not deleted somehow when I removed trueview, or locate it to download and make sure it's loading.

Thanks again!!!

-Phil-

Trueview does a wonderful job with AutoCAD stuff, but it won't handle the vertical products. It was created from the "saveas" engine in AutoCAD so folks that haven't upgraded can see what they are missing.

Have a good day.