Why doesnt Autodesk care for us residentil people like they do commercil & industrial

Currahee

We are the minority but I think they could add a lot of capital with the reinventining a few thngs for us residential folks..ie more truss apps, more soffit and eve customization, more framing and roofing customization....) just to name a few

When the two of you start this new company catering to this niche market what are you going to name it?

Listen, just get it started and AutoDesk will come along and buy you out. You'll never have to work another day in your life again.

Well pitch AD the idea and tell them you would be happy to "consult" to them on what's needed. $500/hr sounds like a nice fee don't you think?

I have ideas on what I want it to do. It would be like Super LT for residential design. Take LT add lisp, arx and leave off the rendering engine. Intelligent 2D design. Target price of $1,500.

If I could only code!

... $500/hr sounds like a nice fee don't you think?

Sign me up!

I write LISP code, and am dabbling with the .NET API now too. :geek:

I like a challenge, and can use some extra coin.

Edit: I can write applications to do *pretty much* whatever you need (provided samples, and proper intent/workflow), create several command options (keyboard, Menu, Ribbon, etc.), and can even Photoshop you some sweet Icons.

I can BETA test... :)

I'm doing a lot of that these days...

Presently, I'm Beta testing *something* for Autodesk (I can't say what because of my NDA :roll:), *something else* for my State's DOT... oh, and while I'm at it, I'm Beta testing *these other things* for my employer's new implementations coming this year (New Windows Platform, new AutoCAD platforms, etc.)

Edited by BlackBox
Typo

Look at you, mister important! What kind of compensation does one get with all that responsibility? Free software!?!? NDA aware... logged hours, weekly, monthly? just curious

When the two of you start this new company catering to this niche market what are you going to name it?

Here are some options to consider:

Trusses, Soffits, and Eves (A play on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles)

ResidentialSoft (A play on TransSoft)

Residential Tool Kit, or RTK

... and my personal favorite:

BEAM-Works (A play on Dreamworks) :wink:

Edited by BlackBox
Typo

Look at you, mister important! What kind of compensation does one get with all that responsibility?

If you knew the modest answer to the latter, you would know the inaccuracy of the the former. :lol: lmao

Free software!?!? NDA aware... logged hours, weekly, monthly? just curious

Yes, we get free software (for testing), most of the testing is logged by reporting, and surveys (reporting bugs, finding functionality gaps, documenting missing features, etc.)

They also try to incentivize the testers, with small competitions, prizes, etc. I just completed a survey and was registered for a draw for a new iPad. :)

With Autodesk, when the particular title you've been testing goes to final release, they offer you a large discount to purchase.

The last one I did was AutoCAD for Mac - code named 'Sledgehammer' :geek: (They're really big on their code names)

Hey I'm no stranger to modest responsibility! Sounds fun though. To be involved with such a widely known product like that. How bout an incentive contest to get a command named after you! Or have your face on the splash screen!

Hey I'm no stranger to modest responsibility! Sounds fun though. To be involved with such a widely known product like that. How bout an incentive contest to get a command named after you! Or have your face on the splash screen!

8)

splash.PNG

you have to remember that

autocad already tried this......it was called AP-Design (now

envissioneer)....so evdentially they didnt like the concept

Back to the residential yeah it does exist I know because I was involved in selling and co-authoring it sold for around $300 it did walls roofs doors windows etc in 3d plus lots more Acad Architecture came out so demand dropped. I am not sure where its at these days I left around 12 years ago so it existed then. Will try to find out.

hey look at the Ismi web site $69.99 for 3d house design ! whats that 1% of an Autocad price.