Can't Subtract in AutoCAD 2010?

Dido

Hello everyone,

Can someone please tell me why I can do subtract command in AutoCAD 2010?

I mean, the subtract command is 100% works, but when I see the result, I am sure that the object I would like to subtract with another object is not being subtracted.

Please see below image for more detail.

The object is contain of two,.

The green one is the object that would like to be subtracted by the black one.

Also, I notice that it takes very long time (sometime my computer is hanging) when do an union command.

My computer spec. is:

Processor: Intel Dual Core 3.4 GB

RAM: 3 GB

Graphic Card: ASUS EN9800GT 1 GB

Please advance from the masters here

Dido

Ever see any of the Star Wars movies? Remember Yoda? You have to talk like Yoda when subtracting. "From this object, subtract this one". You pick the object you want to keep first, then the one you want to remove. In other words, if you have a square block, and you've extruded a circle to make a hole in it, type subtract, then pick the square block and hit enter, then pick the cylinder and hit enter again.

Jack_O'neill

Ever see any of the Star Wars movies? Remember Yoda? You have to talk like Yoda when subtracting. "From this object, subtract this one". You pick the object you want to keep first, then the one you want to remove. In other words, if you have a square block, and you've extruded a circle to make a hole in it, type subtract, then pick the square block and hit enter, then pick the cylinder and hit enter again.

I am sure that I do the correct procedure.

You can but there are strict size limits. If your drawing exceeds the limits you can try zipping it first.

No, I can't.

There is a red exclamation mark when I try to upload the file and I wasn't able to find the description of this warning.

I am sure that I do the correct procedure.

Just thought I'd toss that out. Most people who struggle with "subtract" do so because they pick the object they want to subtract first.

No, I can't.

There is a red exclamation mark when I try to upload the file and I wasn't able to find the description of this warning.

I'm betting your file size is too large.