help ending a spline

Susan-Skye

Hi, I've been using the spline command to represent lengths of flexible polyethylene tubing, but I'm having a terrible time ending the command after I've drawn the segment I need.

Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm not (it's always by chance), and I can't figure out how to just END the segment- I don't need to close it.

The only two options the command gives are "close" and "fit tolerance". I've tried just typing "END" at the command line but that doesn't work either.

And no, the ARC command is not easier for this task, so please don't recommend that I use it.

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2009.

Thanks! I knew it had to be something ridiculously simple. :oops:

But then I discovered that I have to hit "Enter", then click on the beginning and ending points, and only THEN will the command end.

Read the command line.

After you hit Enter it asks you to indicate start condition (or hit Enter again), then it asks you to indicate end condition (or hit Enter again).

The purpose of the start/end condition allows you to set tangencies to other geometry (or tracking) or hit Enter (3 times).

Just noticed that they changed the behavior a bit in 2011 -Read your command line.

No, I just hit enter 1 time.

Just one Enter or SpaceBar here also, 2011.

The OP indicates using 2009.

Just noticed that they changed the behavior a bit in 2011 -Read your command line.