ISO Drawing in A1 sizing, but print in A4

QualityEngineer

Hi,

CAn anybody explain to me how you have an ISO drawing in A1 dimension, but print it in A4 once its in the .pdf format, or would you have to format a seperate sheet?

Thanks

QE

When the A1 drawing is in PDF format, you can print it on an A4 sheet by setting the Page Scaling to Fit to Printable Area. :)
but please don't. I only plot A1's to A3's cause its half-scale. A1's -> A4's really messes with the scale.

Should have specified this but it was late and well past my bedtime!!!! I found out it really messes up to drawing as I did this, so what is the best practice for printing in A4? with the ISO title blocks included. Need to do this as the client wants A4 reproductions for the shop floor.

thanks

QE

You can use a custom scale when printing to a PDF you will probably need a scale of around 1:5 from A1 to A4. Problem is it will never be right out to the extremes of the sheet and the dimensions and text will be very small.

Another method is to use paper space and scale the drawing to fit (using viewports) an A4 sheet that way. Also you would need to modify the scale of your dimensions and text to become readable

Does the A4 shop drawing have to be printed to scale?

ideally, or some idiot will get something wrong!!!!

Surely you would not expect scaling off an A4 sheet :shock:

If you put a scale bar on the drawing, it would be a visual indication.

If you plot from paper space at a scale of 1 to 3 (instead of the 1 to 1) you can get an A1 onto an A4.

Edited by eldon