How to distinguish drawings with Educational Stamp without opening them?

Ahankhah

when you open a drawing which has that mark it would give you a warning , so you can hit cancel to avoid opening it .

That's it.

does anyone know, how to find a drawing is 'Educational Stamp'ed without opening it:sick:?

The best place to start is by working with honest professionals. People who use the free educational version to produce commercial content are to be avoided at all costs. You do try to maintain some kind of code of conduct don't you or is "anything goes" your company's slogan?

Yes, I know. the above seems harsh. No offense intended but if you do not know the source of the content you are accepting you are opening yourself and your company to all sorts of trouble.

Tharwat, thank you for your quick reply.

alanjt, thank you very much for your attention and highlighting the certain goal.

ReMark, I know and am undertaking on your mentioned rules, but I have access to a huge number of free drawings through internet. I just want to filter them and throw "handicapped" drawings out...

Knowing how to identify Educationally Stamped Drawings would require knowledge of the location of the Educational Bit flag; and of course, with such knowledge one could no doubt remove the Education mark.

Neither do I know, and neither do I want to know o:)

Knowing how to identify Educationally Stamped Drawings would require knowledge of the location of the Educational Bit flag; and of course, with such knowledge one could no doubt remove the Education mark.

Neither do I know, and neither do I want to know o:)

that reminds me of a friend of mine. At an interview years ago, he was asked "are you good at hacking". After answering "no" was then asked how he knew. He should have answered "I don't know, I've never tried".

that reminds me of a friend of mine. At an interview years ago, he was asked "are you good at hacking". After answering "no" was then asked how he knew. He should have answered "I don't know, I've never tried".

lol :lol: :lol:

If you have recieved drawings with an educational stamp, contact the person responsible and tell them they need to provide you with proper drawings created with a legal version of Autocad, not a student version. If they refuse to comply, contact your Autocad reseller, or your Autodesk rep, and report them.

The educational version is for students, not working professionals.

If you suspect that drawings have the educational stamp on them, consider using EDU-scan from Manusoft or EDUSCAN from DotSoft to check the drawings before you open them as the education stamp can "infect" your AutoCAD product and spread to other drawings.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

Edited by Tiger