Printing Multiple Pages Publish HELP!

Fallguy

I have tried to search other posts but am not having much luck.

I have approx 30 seperate drawings I want to send to the printer via the "Publish" command.

I have never used publish before and find printer in autocad to always been a pain.

I add the drawings to the list in publish but I get error messages off to the sided of layout not initialized.

Where do I go to get the layout initialized????

Or is their a way I can create a default as I will be printing the same way each time I do multiple prints?????

I have always printed one at a time before and can tweak most of the settings before I print that way but I do not know how to provide what publish is looking for so it can go about its merry way?

Thanks, (printing rookie)

P.S. When I create a list in Publish it creates two files for the drawing one in model and one in layout, what is up with that, I just need it to print my drawing.

You must first create a page setup. Right-click a tab and select "page setup manager". Click the new button and set your printer, scale, pen table, etc. up how you like it. Then save the .dwg and when you use the publish command you will select this page setup in the little page setup dropdown.

Thanks, this got me on track for the most part, got 35 pages printed.

P.S. Any way to set the page setup in Publish to something as a default as my default says in Publish under the page setup . Had to go into each of the 35 drawings and inport from a know good print.

Would be nice to have a natural default if possible to what I want, any way to accomplish.

Thanks again

I dont know if there is a way to change your default but if you shift-select all the dwgs in on the publish pop-up you can change one layout and it will change all of them to match. I found that much faster then selecting each individually and importing

Thanks for the help!

I am up and running now. Created one drawing with multiple page setups, then set each one as current to make them stick.

Go to publish, add and highlight all drawings, import the pagesetup typpe from my master pagesetup drawing and choose the one I like.

P.S. let me return the favor, I will post a responce, you might be aware but you can turn any document into a pdf if you need to .

Regards