"enter" key bind

how do i find the "enter" key bind.. im meaning enter key not the enter command

i want to beable to add a keybind to my mouse to do the same as the enter key

that being either repeat last command or to enter current imput depending on what your doin or needed

basically same as enter key does but move it to mouse

autocad 2010

Are you certain it doesn't already work that way, it does on mine and I haven't set anything to cause it to do that?

Do you have some sort of TOP SECRET Mouse Brand? Is your SEARCH button not working on your mouse? Just Yanking your chain a little....Chill out. I can Help!

1.) Let me know what brand, the model would be nice also, mouse you are using.

2.) Look in programs and see if your mouse came with a program or Start>Control Panel>Printers and other hardware>Mouse and see if you can program your

buttons.

3.) Find a program for your brand and model on the WWW.

4.) Find a third party program for a mouse. (Like X-Button Mouse Control (I am using that, but there are others))

I have my thumb button for Enter.

P.S.

You may get it to work through the AutoCAD CUI.

i got a blue tooth microsoft mouse... i can find the key binds for it.. my main problem is i cant find keybind for the enter key so i cant bind it to my mouse

• 2 weeks later...
i got a blue tooth microsoft mouse... i can find the key binds for it.. my main problem is i cant find keybind for the enter key so i cant bind it to my mouse

Have you any software for the mouse? If all else fails you will need to get X-Button Mouse Control or some other third party software and follow the instructions supplied.

i can find the button i dont know what command to bind to the button

what is the enter key command.. sometimes its enter other times it works to repeat last command

@ Mathew,

I am not 100% shure what you mean but maybe you want to customize your right mouse button to act as the key.

If so then please follow these steps:

- Type in the commandline: options +

- Go to the tab "user preferences"

- Click on the "right click customisation" button on the upper left

Now you have got some options to check or uncheck...

In my case, where the right click is as you want it to be:

- 1st item = not checked

- 2nd item = set to "repeat"

- 3rd item = set to "shortcut"

- 4th item = set to "enter"

That's about is, try and tell us if it is what you need.

Btw: maybe it's a little different on your PC since I use AutoCAD 2011...

Naamloos.png

• 10 months later...

I like to use the time sensitive right click myself. I am curious why you seem so interested in using an extra mouse button for something that you can already do, just as quickly, with another mouse button?

It seems rather inefficient. Is there no other function that you might like to have available on your mouse, without sacrificing the ability to use your mouse for ENTER? Snap on/off, Ortho on/off or something like that?

I hate to take my hand off the mouse, so I can understand your desire to make it more powerful or efficient.