How to Print B&W except for one layer help

sparkyuk

Hello Guys, I have a drawing with all the layers in different colours, I would normally print in B&W but just this once I need to print just one layer in colour and leave the rest B&W, can I change all the colours in VP colour in the layer props manager to white except for the layer I want in red to do this please ?. leaving all my layers still in colour in paper space ?

I have had a drawing from one guy before now that his title prints in colour but the rest stays B&W even when I select B&W for printing and I didnt ever figure out how he did it and thats whats has given me the idea above.

Make the colour unique - PRINT - EDIT Plot Styles - Highlight the Colour & in properties Colour: Use Object Colour.

Job done. :-)

you could also assign a lineweight and a true color value to that layer and then you do not need to modify your plot style

You can have as many plot colour pen tables as you like we have all black, Black & colour, various line thicknesses.

Providing you can make the one layer a unique color then you could set all other colours to be black.

We plot line thicknes by colour generally the first 9 colours are black and the rest are then set to actual colour.

Just edit your pen table top right in the plot screen and save as a new one.

Good morning gents, thanks for the answers guys but can i ask for a lot more detail in how to do it the way you are telling me please ?

I have set up a layer with the colour 255,31,87 say as a unique colour this is the only one I want to print in colour, how do I set this up please ? as I havnt a clue

Select the monochrome.ctb or monchrome.stb plot style file, click on the Edit button to the right, and edit the file accordingly. Save your changes using the "Save as" option and give this new plot style file an unique name so it is relatively easy to find. Go plot. Done.

Hi there,

Here's the plot style i use for my drawings.

PN_Default.zip

You will notice that all colors are set to black except for color 10.

Edit the file as you like.

Regards,

SB

Good morning gents, thanks for the answers guys but can i ask for a lot more detail in how to do it the way you are telling me please ?

I have set up a layer with the colour 255,31,87 say as a unique colour this is the only one I want to print in colour, how do I set this up please ? as I havnt a clue

If you already have a standard pen table, that is set up for black and white, you should be able to print to a color plotter without any issues, as the true color value will print as displayed. I'm not fully sure I understand what you are asking.

Thanks guys I have sorted it by the way Remark explained it & sittingbull's plot style, I could then see how it was done its working great now, sorry if i didnt understand at first thats what you get when you old like me lol

• 12 years later...
On 3/21/2011 at 5:58 PM, ReMark said:

Select the monochrome.ctb or monchrome.stb plot style file, click on the Edit button to the right, and edit the file accordingly. Save your changes using the "Save as" option and give this new plot style file an unique name so it is relatively easy to find. Go plot. Done.

Thanks so much man. It's a 2011 post and I'm looking for the same answer in 2023.

I use true colors, they will always print in the correct color (if the printer has color capability) and from any computer, doesn't matter the plot style used, so if another person prints it or I print from another computer it still works.