Rotating a 2d site plan with perspective

Boyle_22

Hello CAD gurus, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem in AutoCAD 2006.

I have a 2d Site plan and a Birds eye aerial. I want to take my site plan and rotate it with perspective to try and match the aerials perspective as best I can and lay the site plan on top of the aerial. I've messed with the 3d orbit menu and the perspective option and that works just fine in getting my 2d Site plan into the correct perspective. The problem however is that when I use this method it also rotates the aerial image and adds perspective to that.

I've also tried having two seperate mviews in paper space, one of the site plan, and one of the aerial, and tried to use the 3d orbit to rotate the site plan mview, and leave the aerial mview alone. The problem with this is that the aerial mview always gets drawn on top of the site plan mview and blocks out the site plan. Draw order doesnt help with this either.

What is the easiest way to do this? Or can it not be done with CAD 2006?

Not sure if it will help but an idea anyway.

I assume the aerial perspective is an image file. can you detach it & set your site plan corrctly the way you need & then reattach the image & it may overlap the way you want.

If it is an image file, as Dipali said there is a way to bring your lines infront of the image.

First select the ojects you want to bring in front of the image. From the pull-down menu pick TOOLS->DRAW ORDER -> BRING TO FRONT.

The only problem that I have found with this is that when you regen, it will sometimes push the image to the front, covering up your lines.