Changed from Autocad std to Autocad LT and wondered where the lisp went

Recently I changed from Autocad std to Autocad LT, My business is Residential

design and drafting, mostly 2D (with a little help from my friend Sketchup Pro for

3D presentations etc) and I figured using Autocad std for 2D work was liking using a bulldozer instead of a tiller for preping my veggy garden. It has worked very well for the most part, a little less demanding for the PC's and new licenses and their subscriptions are better on my budget. I have made use of the palettes, automating the menu calls with macros in Hot Keyboard Pro, I also use this program to get around autocad's use of alt keys. also use HKP for my Ctrl keys.(it also has a macro recorder) I like being able to customize the shortcut menus with custom commands that change the layers, env. variables, etc etc. The tool palettes are cool I think I use them effectively for entering commands, block insertions, notes, and so on (I found out you have to watch that you don't overload the palettes, cause it slows the system down). As I progressed thru 2010 & 2011 I have returned to my early cad days using the tips and tricks to

keep the file zippy. Had to learn the new tricks also, toning down the Windows 7, adjusting hatch variables etc etc. I like the "object isolate" stuff. Its a shame

to have to resort to all this work to keep it running fast, we are planning on leaving the AMD (ugh) Athlon 2 x 4, 2.8 ghz, 8 GB ram (64 bit) systems and get

into the big I7 stuff, and here I thought LT would run on almost anything. To make a long story short, I really need to run some of my custom

commands thru the alias facility, but I can't, it doesn't recognize these commands, can anyone help me? Also can I use diesel? I guess if diesel is available in LT, I would like to find some diesel templates that I can plug into, since I am not familiar with this language. I apologize for this being a rambling

thread (it is called a thread right) I will say this, not having LISP was pretty traumatic but somehow I will get thru this, I do enjoy autocad LT after all is said

& done. icon16.gificon20.png

You can certainly use Diesel in LT and if I remember rightly there is a section on Diesel in the Help files.

Ralph Grobowski wrote a couple of articles on Diesel and has written a book in which he also covers Diesel. Her is the link to the first article and at the bottom of which is the link to the second part:

http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor17.htm

We have LT but its not been used for a long time now, and we use palettes extensively, but never noticed an effect on performance (except by the very first click). In AutoCAD 2012 they have speeded up the ribbons, so it also possible that the palettes have also benefited from it too, but I've not seen anything on palettes. My current experience on Diesel and palettes is on AutoCAD full and AutoCAD Civil 3D on 32 and 64 bit systems running XP Pro, Vista and W7.

I am very surprised you did not do your homework before making the switch from full AutoCAD to LT. Had you done so you would have realized lisp was not an option.

Be that as it may you're left with using macros and diesel. There are a couple of websites dedicated exclusively to AutoCAD LT that you might want to take a look at. This is one of them: http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/

Here is a blog about LT and getting the most out of it: http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/2011/03/autocadlt-function-keys.html

There is also the AutoDesk Discussion Group for LT at: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/ct-p/2000

Thanks for the info, I will make use of it.

You can certainly use Diesel in LT and if I remember rightly there is a section on Diesel in the Help files.

Ralph Grobowski wrote a couple of articles on Diesel and has written a book in which he also covers Diesel. Her is the link to the first article and at the bottom of which is the link to the second part:

http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor17.htm

We have LT but its not been used for a long time now, and we use palettes extensively, but never noticed an effect on performance (except by the very first click). In AutoCAD 2012 they have speeded up the ribbons, so it also possible that the palettes have also benefited from it too, but I've not seen anything on palettes. My current experience on Diesel and palettes is on AutoCAD full and AutoCAD Civil 3D on 32 and 64 bit systems running XP Pro, Vista and W7.