Pool Table Plans

smorales02

I posted a thread over on the sketchup forums concerning a pool table (http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?p=176216#post176216). there is the link in case your curious on what i am wanting to do with this project. I got a good link that describes some of the dims for a pool table. After about an hour search of the web I decided to come to old faithful (Cadtutor ACAD forums) and see if anyone has any pool table design plans with dims or know where I can find some. I am not worried about the legs or anything just the main "bed" of the table..

Thank you in advance...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Tiger

• smorales02

• Dipali

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I got the basic rectangles of a pool table shape, but am having trouble drawing in the pockets. Cant seem to see where the specs are given in the above link..

Pocket openings and measurements section. Page down.

What, no pool halls in AZ? Take a drive over to one and don't forget to bring your tape measure. You'll get some funny looks but if you buy everyone a beer you'll be just fine.

Pocket openings and measurements section. Page down.

I saw that but wasnt making sense to me, Ill try to decipher it and see what I come up with.

What, no pool halls in AZ? Take a drive over to one and don't forget to bring your tape measure. You'll get some funny looks but if you buy everyone a beer you'll be just fine.

lol...plenty of pool halls here just no time to go visit one (work, infant child, etc...)

Why would it be easy? The companies that make the tables already know the dimensions. The people who buy tables really only care about the overall size. Players don't need to know the dimensions. You're the first, and only, person I've encountered who wanted to draw a pool table to scale.

When you find yourself, Tiger, half laying on top of a snooker table it can only mean one thing...you've had your fill of winter solstice ale. Sober up.

While images of pool tables with overall sizes are good the OP is seeking more detailed information which was referenced in my original link. Beyond that, how much more information one can expect from either manufacturers or ruling bodies such as the Billiards Congress of American is open to speculation. If they provided every conceivable dimension then they might as well put the manufacturing drawings on the Internet then go ahead and close up shop. We can all go home tonight and build a pool table ourselves.

When you find yourself, Tiger, half laying on top of a snooker table it can only mean one thing...you've had your fill of winter solstice ale. Sober up.

I won't deny that I haven't had my sahre of ale while attempting snooker - but I would have had to lay ontop of the table anyway (ofc with the obligatory one foot barely touching the floor) to get the shots of. Don't think a snooker table is twice the size of a pool table, but at least 1.5 times I'd say...

And I do think the OP will have to resort to the old tried and tested question: Does it look good/right? Then it's good/right enough.

You do know that the Nordic women are known to be tall?? Can't say I'm particularly tall though. But a snooker table is (according to wiki) 3,6x1,8 m large (12x6 ft) and comes up to my hip I'd say - so it's not so strange I have lay across the table at times to play snooker.

If you find a drawing of the pockets with dimensions, will you email me?

It's more of a curiosity thing. I used to be good at american pool on a small bar table. Now I'm in Australia. The pockets are different. The balls are smaller size/weight. The rebound off the cusion is very different

I'm now hopeless at pool.

Hey Tiger, do have a picture of that? You and a snooker table. I'm looking for one more photo for my 2009 calendar design. Thanks!

Would that be the 2009 CAD Geek Hotties Of the Year calendar?