Make a 3D oven

thy

I guess you really were going to try and build this brick by brick.

I'm puzzled that you would not know what I am referring to. How much drafting experience do you have?

Have you even attempted to draw the oven as a 3D Solid or as a 3D Mesh?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thy

• ReMark

• nestly

• fuccaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thy, I think you are payed by hour... :)

What are the specifications? Do you try to use a specific number of rows? Is the vertical section a given curve?

I guess you really were going to try and build this brick by brick.

I'm puzzled that you would not know what I am referring to. How much drafting experience do you have?

Have you even attempted to draw the oven as a 3D Solid or as a 3D Mesh?

I appreciate the incentive to build this project brick by brick ...

I have experience enough to do it, but my experience is with drawing 2D metal structure.

I just couldnt understand what you mean by "profile"is the term that was used. Perhaps explained in another way I can understand!

The attempt was made ​​with a 3D solid. I did a brick after a "POLAR ARRAY", "PATH ARRAY" and "POLAR ARRAY" again!

I come back to thank your precious time ...

Thy, I think you are payed by hour... :)

What are the specifications? Do you try to use a specific number of rows? Is the vertical section a given curve?

Before being paid per hour, but I'm not ... I'm not getting anything else to do this project. The taste for the drawing that made me do this design in CAD. The only data I have are:

Diameter of base 3.20 meters

Oven height: 2.10 meters

Door height: 1.00 meters

Total brick approx. 2500 bricks but isnt important how many bricks, at least now!

OK...terminology challenged. How about an outline no detail) of the overall shape of the oven? Do you have that drawn up using arcs (since it seems to be rounded)?

I have a question. What other objects/structures/entities have you drawn in 3D using AutoCAD? List the first six by complexity.

to Array you would be using all one brick size. You could create shallow slope variances with the grout. But every course would have at least one odd shaped brick. The closer you get to the top I believe the more odd shaped bricks would be required.

Tell the tribe to make a geodesic dome instead.

My initial attempt using a single size brick. I used the 2D Polar Array command. Each row of bricks above the first is pulled back from the edge 3/8". There is a 3/8" gap between rows for the mortar. I think it could be done this way but it is very time consuming. It also requires a bit of trial and error.

3D_Charcoal oven.jpg

I have no desire to finish this off. It just doesn't hold my interest. And if one were to do it using my approach I would have to say that each row of bricks would have to be tilted back towards the center of the oven to give it a more realistic look to the construction based solely upon the image provided by the OP in post #1.

OK...terminology challenged. How about an outline no detail) of the overall shape of the oven? Do you have that drawn up using arcs (since it seems to be rounded)?

I have a question. What other objects/structures/entities have you drawn in 3D using AutoCAD? List the first six by complexity.

I was not looking terminology challenge, especially since you must have light years of experience in front of me, I think the forum is not to needle each other, I'm sorry if this has been wrongly interpreted!

Here is what was requested:

Do not put a degree of complexity because each has been difficult, each in his time. Some of what I've done.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.PNG

8.PNG

10.PNG

As I said my experience is higher in the metallic structure.

I appreciate your time with this post

Edited by thy

My initial attempt using a single size brick. I used the 2D Polar Array command. Each row of bricks above the first is pulled back from the edge 3/8". There is a 3/8" gap between rows for the mortar. I think it could be done this way but it is very time consuming. It also requires a bit of trial and error.

It was exactly what I saw when I started. It will be very difficult, but ... would be very close to real!

I have no desire to finish this off. It just doesn't hold my interest. And if one were to do it using my approach I would have to say that each row of bricks would have to be tilted back towards the center of the oven to give it a more realistic look to the construction based solely upon the image provided by the OP in post #1.

It is difficult to have an opinion when the design does not interest us, and thank you very much for your time.

As the bricks are inclined into the oven, I did not find this feature in the command "POLAR ARRAY"

I hope I can draw it ... in total are four different types of oven. And this seems to be the hardest ....

As has been said many times here will be too much work!

But look ... comment, criticize I hope it helps someone when they need to do!

11.jpg

I'll do the "POLAR ARRAY" after

12.PNG

Preparing the door

Interesting is that I can not subtract anything after the "POLAR ARRAY" any alternative?

There is nothing particularly complicated about this design - just tedious. Keep in mind that CAD tools like array make "perfect" parts, while in the real assembly there is a lot of variation between placement of each brick (and it isn't entirely clear if all bricks are the "same" they look significantly different towards the top from what I can tell from the picture). A more realistic approach would be to build it similar the way the builder built the actual real world assembly. Place each brick one-by-one and move around in 3D space till you are happy with the placement.

You might create some "broken" bricks (think of the actual builder hitting a brick with a stone tool to shape special bricks, or molding them from the start as needed). I don't see a whole lot of evidence of cutting (breaking) around the opening, looks like some tweaking of joints and placement to avoid a lot of custom bricks except near the top.

"Interesting is that I can not subtract anything after the "POLAR ARRAY" any alternative?"

What do you want to subtract?

Your brickwork looks a lot like mine in that you haven't tilted the brick face in each row. If you continue this way you won't have a true representation of your charcoal oven.

"There is nothing particularly complicated about this design - just tedious."

Couldn't agree with you more. What if we abandon the individual brick concept and go for a lofted solid (then shelled)?

"Interesting is that I can not subtract anything after the "POLAR ARRAY" any alternative?"

What do you want to subtract?

If I did what you did as a closed furnace and then create a solid BOX to the door, I can not subtract the BOX "POLAR ARRAY" ever created.

"There is nothing particularly complicated about this design - just tedious."

Couldn't agree with you more. What if we abandon the individual brick concept and go for a lofted solid (then shelled)?

Ok, Ok I'll do a study with this suggestion.

@Remark, you are not commented on the complexity of the drawings, the drawings are good? I know I have much to learn, but for a beginner, how do you rate it?

theres nothing funny about designing a oven with Autocad even if it is made of clay

Large commercial projects needs the proper setup of bricks and cement blocks drawn in AutoCAD and a mistake is not acceptable.