Help I dont know how to do this.. :S

mrmanagerr

Like dimensions on a drawing - I would interpret the step-by-step instructions having precedence.

My demo does attempt to follow the step-by-step instructions, and those are ambiguous as well. Since you don't seem to have any question about the proper procedure, I'm asking what I did wrong, or what I misinterpreted.

If the attached drawing was the drawing in question, which is the correct answer... or is it none of them?

Triangle.jpg

triangle.dwg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JD Mather

• nestly

• eldon

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile, back on the merry-go-round................:lol:

Please, not the merry-go-round. It should be the galloper. There is a horsey interest in this :lol:

It sounds like the OP's question is open to interpretation. When one has to guess at what is required one has already started down the path to confusion.

My demo does attempt to follow the step-by-step instructions, and those are ambiguous as well. Since you don't seem to have any question about the proper procedure, I'm asking what I did wrong, or what I misinterpreted.

If the attached drawing was the drawing in question, which is the correct answer... or is it none of them?

[ATTACH]26939[/ATTACH]

If there are still those that would like a step-by-step. When I get time I will see about starting a NEW thread. By the lack of response, I gather the OP has it figured out.

Way to work at it nestly.

Your blue line is correct. If I get some time I will go through each step.

The only way to provide the correct answer for the OPs example would be to have the actual drawing.

It is now

Posts by OP=1

Posts by all others = 41

:D

If there are still those that would like a step-by-step. When I get time I will see about starting a NEW thread. By the lack of response, I gather the OP has it figured out.

Way to work at it nestly.

Your blue line is correct. If I get some time I will go through each step.

The only way to provide the correct answer for the OPs example would be to have the actual drawing.

:D

I'm not so much interested in the process for the OP's benefit, rather I find it intriguing that so many members here that I regard as being competent individuals cannot agree about whether the instructions are clear enough for a student (let alone experienced users)

The blue line on in my drawing was NOT drawn using Xline > Bisect as the instructions indicate, it was simply snapped to the top most vertex and the midpoint of the shortest leg. I don't know how one could use Xline > Bisect to make the xline pass through the midpoint of the shortest leg unless the triangle also happens to be an isosceles triangle.

My guess is that the OP is the instructor. The students complained that the question was confusing - so the instuctor came here to see how professionals would solve the problem. Obviously the students were correct. But then again, all is speculation without two-way communication with the OP. Any wonder why there is confusion....

After spending wayyyy too much time on this - I retract a good bit of certainty on this without the file.

I don't know how one could use Xline > Bisect to make the xline pass through the midpoint of the shortest leg ...

I think the detractor was not to have the line bisect the short line, but rather, to bisect the angle between the long line and the midpoint of the short line - that is the literal result of the step-by-step instructions. One could suppose the lesson was about what happens when the xline Bisect command is used in conjunction with osnaps. (the result is not what might be expected)