Top Posters In This Topic

• paulmcz

• andrew239

• Raudel Solis

• scj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Andrew,

using triangulation method (equidistant dividing the bordering 3DPolylines into 150 segments)

I got this solution - only for the outer contour.

Please notice, that the template is not symmetrical as the red tube is rotate by 2° - see the included 3D-model.

Regards

Jochen

M48 3 VIEWS_scj.dwg

Hi

I just found this site and thread and downloaded the pipe cut.lsp program. How do I use it to make a template to cut (saddle) the end of a vertical pipe so a horizontal pipe will set down in it so I can weld it?

I am using V 12 so I can't open newer files.

If your V12 is not an LT version:

"Pipe-cut.lsp" was ment to make a template to mark the pipe to be cut under the angle other than 90°. If both of your pipes have the same diameter, you can still use the program to draw the template for your case.

First look here http://lee-mac.com/runlisp.html for description of how to use lisp program.

Once you master that, draw a template with the pipe-cut.lsp. Answer the prompts on the command line: pipe diameter - (only you know), cut angle = 45°, length = double your pipe diameter, precision = 5. Then insert the template into the drawing area - pick point.

Then look at the attached pdf file and follow the steps there.

P.S.

Add one thickness of the wrap material to your pipe diameter, if you want to be precise.

TEMPLATE.pdf

• 1 month later...
It is a strange design, i will try to attach a picture of the base of the columns. These things will have a plate on either end, the bottom plate is the column base plate, and the top plate carries the actual columns which are a different size pipe to these base pieces.The yellow and red pipes will be coped to fit onto the magenta and cyan pipes respectively.

its not a strange design its a well thought design since there will be less fluid collision due to the angle if the created a 50 or 60 degree angle where they joined further issued might develop.

its not a strange design its a well thought design since there will be less fluid collision due to the angle if the created a 50 or 60 degree angle where they joined further issued might develop.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

adrew said "It is a strange design" on the first page of the thread", i just said its not a strange design and why

What does that have to do with "fluid collision due to the angle". He stated it was a structural design (column).

What does that have to do with "fluid collision due to the angle". He stated it was a structural design (column).

well i guess i misread, either way it should have something to do with the pipes so i guess the setup will allow the pipes to join at that angle...im lost ...