Emboss a Company logo form a bmp or jpeg

nchaplin

Hi I am trying to emboss a logo on to a flat surface but having difficulties with it. I have attached a file at a simple attempt (but as soon as i try emboss I can't select the desired text and logo?) . I know I could probably draw the logo of the one in attached but my company logo is a lot more difficult. is there an easy way of embossing a logo from an image ?

Thanks

Attempt at logo emboss.zip

You can use an image to Decal, but there are no sketch entities to Emboss.

You would have to sketch it all out.

If you use Decal and the background is a single color you could set to mask the background.

Decal.png

Thanks JD a nice little tip. started drawing it all out and it wasn't as difficult a design as I thought. Definitely use the decal function in future though.

Thanks again

Imho. If it is a company logo they must have done using either photoshop or illustrator. If so, you can save it to an extension that inventor/autocad can import. I think it was *.esp. It will be save as vectors. You may need to edit some entity.

Imho. If it is a company logo they must have done using either photoshop or illustrator. If so, you can save it to an extension that inventor/autocad can import. I think it was *.esp. It will be save as vectors. You may need to edit some entity.

I tried this because I do have a copy of the logo as a *.eps. but with no success how would I import it into inventor ?

Hi nchaplin,

Sorry for the delay busy with work.

1. Launch AutoCAD>Insert>Data panel>OLE Object>Insert Object from file>Select the *.eps

2. When it is already opened, invoke EXPLODE and select all the entity

Why? The *.eps was converted into "BLOCKS" and you need to edit in order you can

Insert it in INVENTOR.

3. Save the DWG

4. Once you are done then, Launch INVENTOR

5. While in SKETCH mode>Insert>ACAD (insert the saved file)

Hope this will help you.

Hi nchaplin,

Sorry for the delay busy with work.

1. Launch AutoCAD>Insert>Data panel>OLE Object>Insert Object from file>Select the *.eps

2. When it is already opened, invoke EXPLODE and select all the entity

Why? The *.eps was converted into "BLOCKS" and you need to edit in order you can

Insert it in INVENTOR.

3. Save the DWG

4. Once you are done then, Launch INVENTOR

5. While in SKETCH mode>Insert>ACAD (insert the saved file)

Hope this will help you.

Hi Willie,

Firstly I only Have Auto CAD Mechanical will this cause a problem ? I think I got to the stage of EXPLODE but couldn't find this operation. attached a couple of pic's to show you what I did. I typed EXPLODE into the command bar but with no luck it just gave me a box of 4 lines.

thanks for your help

Nathan

Insert Object.jpg

Insert Object 2.jpg

Firstly I only Have Auto CAD Mechanical....

No, you have both as Mechanical runs on top of vanilla.

Instead of using the desktop icon to start -

- go to Start>All Programs>Autodesk>AutoCAD Mechanical>Run as AutoCAD.

You can right click-drag a start icon out the desktop if desire.