Why I can't continue autocad 2012 setup?

ma7amadk

oh no :huh:

that shows how to uninstall ALL AUTODESK SOFTWARE.

even if you dont use windows uninstall program. deleting the registry valueS mention in JDM's post will somewhat disable ALL autodesk products installed because it will delete all autodesk product registry

read jdm's link post title

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Raudel Solis

• ma7amadk

• khoshravan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh no :huh:

that shows how to uninstall ALL AUTODESK SOFTWARE.

even if you dont use windows uninstall program. deleting the registry valueS mention in JDM's post will somewhat disable ALL autodesk products installed because it will delete all autodesk product registry

read jdm's link post title

I think you misread it. Try again.

ma7amadk, have you solved your problem yet, or do you still require further assistance? Please let us know.

unfortunately not yet, I was tried yesterday to setup AutoCAD on another PC and it's asked me to update .Net from 1.1 then clicked update, maked extracting by itself then restarted PC and tried again and it finished successfully.

I tried all advices in this thread on my laptop but..... :(

I'll make an image of my system and setup win 7 again then I'll try AutoCAD setup after that.

if you click link to autodesk site it will have

"How to remove all Autodesk software products from a system to ensure a clean install"

"all"

you missed the point but thats ok

I think you misread it. Try again.

I disagree. If you were to follow those instructions

"

Remove any remaining Autodesk files:

1. In Windows Explorer, delete the installation folder for each Autodesk product that was uninstalled in the previous procedure (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008).
  2. Delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ folder.
    Note: If your operating system is configured to store the Program Files folder on a drive other than C:, the path will be on that drive.
  3. Delete the following user profile folders:

Windows XP
    • C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\ Application Data\Autodesk
    • C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk

Windows Vista/Windows 7

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk
  • C:\ProgramData\Autodesk"

it would render all Autodesk installed programs inoperable, with a Repair or reinstall of them required.

• 5 months later...

if you have more than 1 version of autocad installed you must

be careful

I have the same problem. It is as follows:

I have AutoCAD2007 installed in my drive C. It is fine with no problem.

I tired to install AutoCAD2010 on drive C as well (Drive C was chosen accidentally and I didn't want to cancel the installation process in the middle). I failed to install.

Now my laptop says me that there is no enough space and delete some files to empty the space.

I can see AutoCAD 2010 folder in C which has consumed 1.8 Gb of space but I can't see any otherdata related to AutoCAD 2010 neither in Control Panel(Add/remove) nor in regedit. regedit show data for AutoCAD2007.

I want to delete AutoCAD2010 folder entirely and then try to install AutoCAD 2010 in drive D.

What is your opinion?

My system is: Widows XP Professional Ver. 2002 SP2.

cad regedit.jpg

You created a RESTORE point prior to attempting the installation right?

Are you with me?

No unfortunately I don't. I was lazy to follow those steps.

Lesson learned I hope.

You can just delete the folder and try installing AutoCAD again. How much worse can it get?

In the future you might also want to download the free program called Revo Uninstaller too.

Lesson learned I hope.

You can just delete the folder and try installing AutoCAD again. How much worse can it get?

In the future you might also want to download the free program called Revo Uninstaller too.

Do you recommend to unistall ACAD2010 with Revo?

What is its advantage and where can I get it.

Another colleague in this thread recommended a link to uninstall all AutoDesk products. Since I have only ACAD 2007 and ACAD 2010, I thought it mught be good to use that solution and delete both CADs and then have a clean install of ACAD 2010. What is your opinion?

You can try but I'm not even sure if it is partially installed let lone fully installed.

Revo Uninstaller can be downloaded from the PCWorld website.

Sure, wipe them both out. What's to lose?