Help With Dynamic Simulation!

Gno

Hey folks,

Going on day number two now and cant figure this out for the life of me:?. For some reason when I attemp to drag the plank(boardpress) onto the ramp in my assembly I get a "cannot continue assembly. check input" message. Something tells me its coming from the spatial joint i inserted? i cant figure it out almost feels like an overconstraint or something or maybe under:unsure:. I attached the file in hoping someone can check this out for me. Thanks in advance, i really hope someone can point out what i did wrong here.

TransBox.zip

Of course an assembly without any parts is useless.

An assembly file is simply a record of hyperlinks to part files, assembly constraints and joints.

Morning JD,

thanks for responding. Im not quite sure what you mean. Was the file empty? Or do i have the assembly completely wrong?

Morning JD,

thanks for responding. Im not quite sure what you mean. Was the file empty? Or do i have the assembly completely wrong?

GNO, an assembly file only contains the "directions" for inventor to find the parts on your computer. If you inserted the parts into your assembly you will need to also upload the .ipt files along with the .iam for these guys to be able to open it. Once you get that uploaded im sure these guys can help.

Chance are - the files will be too large to attach here.

Open the files and drag the red End of Part marker to the top of the feature browser hiding all features from the graphics window.

Save the files with the feature history in a rolled up state.

Then zip and attach.

On this end we will simply pull the EOP back down to reveal the features.

Ive attached all files included in the assembly in this new attachment. I was also just messing with the dynamic motion again, it seems like sometimes i can get the board on the ramp with out any problems and other times i get the error message. almost seems like it depend on the angle (of the board) that hits the ramps. weird. Thanks again guys

CADTutorHelp.zip

Something strange was going on causing the board to disappear from Mobile Groups. Not sure what was going on with that.

But I think the main problem is not enough calculations.

Increase the Images, Value from 100 to 500. This is the number of calculations of position the software is running. Higher number increases resolution but take longer to compute. I did not get errors at 500.