Volume Table for Cut and fill

Hitman6267

Hello,

I'm using Autocad Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009.

I have a project for a course and it is giving me a lot of errors.

We were given a surface and 2 points. We're supposed to design a highway between these points.

I've define the alignment and drew its profile. Then I drew the required tangents on the profile (for cut and fill).

Also I've defined a cross section template.

Now when I'm creating the Volume table from Cross Sections > Total Volume Output > Volume table

I'm getting 0 in the table when there is cut or fill.

Once of the steps in my guide is to go to Cross sections > design control > edit design control after that step I got a lot of errors

"Right slope pinned to end"

"Left slope pinned to end"

I'm happy to provide any information needed to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you

In the interest of gaining time (I'm up a deadline and exams) I'm going to post the link for my dwg file in this post until my other post gets approved by a moderator, hope that's ok.

dwg file:

dl.dropbox.com/u/18841298/Final.dwg

guide:

mediafire.com/?9fv7vd7n4rda89e

I've drawn 2 alignments. One on the left and one on the right. Both were drawn using lines and arcs because we were specifically told not to use poly-lines. They were defined using define from object under alignment.

I didn't create station labels for the alignment on the right hence why you can still see its segments.

I'm not sure about 'Land Desktop Companion', although in straight Civil 3D I see no defined alignment(s). The only Civil specific AECC objects I see are the points and contours.

Is this what you see ?

Capture.PNG

The left alignment is in red because I added the stations labels, the other one isn't because I didn't add the station labels.

Also in my version of autocad you create a project to work on. So there is a whole folder for this file, I just uploaded the dwg file. Would that be causing this problem ?

Yes, I more or less see that. However in the file you uploaded above (and when opening in Civil 3D 2010) nothing is linked, i.e. your alignment, station labels etc are all exploded and unlinked.

Perhaps someone else can try and see what they encounter.