Edit Text In Mtext

naghshe

In LDD04 I try to copy a text, when i double click on the text, the "text formating" window opens, the i try to highlight, right click (as usual) to copy the text, but it disappears and the flashing line moves one line down. How can I copy a part of a text and past it somewhere else?

Thanks

For MTEXT the text is not automatically selected like it is for normal text. If you want to highlight all of the MTEXT double click the text again after the editor opens then right click and copy as usual. Otherwise click and drag to highlight just the text you want and right click the highlighted text.

If this is what you're doing and it is instead moving all the following text to a new line as if you pressed the enter key, then you may need to look at the right click behavior of your mouse. To do this go through the following menus - Tools -> Options -> User Preferences -> Right-Click Customization and take a look at your settings.

For MTEXT the text is not automatically selected like it is for normal text. If you want to highlight all of the MTEXT double click the text again after the editor opens then right click and copy as usual. Otherwise click and drag to highlight just the text you want and right click the highlighted text.

If this is what you're doing and it is instead moving all the following text to a new line as if you pressed the enter key, then you may need to look at the right click behavior of your mouse. To do this go through the following menus - Tools -> Options -> User Preferences -> Right-Click Customization and take a look at your settings.

I did check it, the first option is unchecked, all other ones are checked the "shortcut menu". I played around, but none was the issue.

When I right click after highlighting a text, no shortcut is displayed and the highlighted text is gone.

I think the setting I have for the "right click" is to CUT, I don't see the shortcut menu when I right-click. I checked the settings on my friend's computer who has LDD08. He doesn't have the problem.I matched all settings in "user preferences> right-click customization with his settings, but still have no shortcut menu on right-click.

......10 minutes later...

I found it, I found it, look what i found in Help :

"You can customize right-click behavior to be time-sensitive, so that a quick right-click acts the same as pressing ENTER, and a longer right-click displays a shortcut menu"

That's it, if I right-click with holding down the right button a little longer, the shortcut menu appears.

Actually no matter if the first option in right-click customization is turned on or off, the right-click works the same for me. I have to hold down the Right-click longer to get to the shortcut menu.

In the Help it says I can change it in "acad.mnu" file.

I found it and opened it in notepad. I don't know where or what to change. Does anybody know how to change it so that time sensitive right-click is turned off?

Thanks