Supress Draw Order Box

I have a script and at a certain point it explodes the selected blocks. I am getting an alert dialog box asking if I want to ignore draw order for this. Does anyone know how to suppress this box or to automatically say yes to it. The section of the script is as follows"

(setq whilewait 0)
(while (= whilewait 0)
 (setq ss (ssget "x" '((0 . "AEC*"))))
 (if (/= ss nil)
   (progn
     (setvar "qaflags" 1)
     (command "._explode" ss "")
     (setvar "qaflags" qa)
   )
   (setq whilewait 1)
 )
)

I am simply removing all AEC type block objects from the drawing. I did not get this box when using AutoCAD 2008 and now with 2010 it shows up.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• alanjt

• MiGo

• rkmcswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might try setting the system variable EXPERT to 5.

Unfortunately, many newer alerts like this do not honor EXPERT, so that is just a best guess....

I think I have fixed the issue. A system variable called draworderctl. Default setting is 3. I change to 1 before the explode command and back to 3 afterwords. Controls draw order and how it functions during changing of obects during certain commands such as explode... new code section is as follows:

(setq whilewait 0)
(while (= whilewait 0)
 (setq ss (ssget "x" '((0 . "AEC*"))))
 (if (/= ss nil)
   (progn
     (setvar "qaflags" 1)
     (setvar "draworderctl" 1)
     (command "._explode" ss "")
     (setvar "draworderctl" 3)
     (setvar "qaflags" qa)
   )
   (setq whilewait 1)
 )
)

I ran my script on the same file a few times and the box did not come up after adding.

Exploding Aecc* objects means they are no longer dynamic. I have slapped a many hands because people exploded a profile/cross section/etc. because "it's just easier to edit it that way".

ah, now I see. And.... 100% agree.

(I didn't realize what the code was telling me)

I actually threatened to take explode away from everyone in the office. I was pissed that day; someone had opened a survey to query some trees (point with style) and they decided to explode them and now some of the damn trees can't be added to a table for credits/debits, won't display correctly, etc.

I actually threatened to take explode away from everyone in the office.

Even though this is as nerdy as a threat can get, this made me SERIOUSLY laugh out loud. hahaha.... good stuff right there.

Even though this is as nerdy as a threat can get, this made me SERIOUSLY laugh out loud. hahaha.... good stuff right there.

Takes one to know one. :wink:

Exploding Aecc* objects means they are no longer dynamic. I have slapped a many hands because people exploded a profile/cross section/etc. because "it's just easier to edit it that way".

It's possible this is for working on a copy of the original, when you need a stripped down drawing... (client, partner requirements...?)

The only reason I do that is we have a client that runs like AutoCAD 2000 and they want 100% of their drawings in MODEL SPACE ONLY!!! :sick::reallymad: So because AutoCAD's ExportLayout doesn't work right and crashes a ton I made a script that does it and I have to explode the AEC objects as part of their requirements.

Ohhh how I wish it was that easy. Our building plans, equipment plans...etc are for the entire facility and each drawing needs to have the layout sheet to the viewing scale in model space. So all the references need to be bound exploded and trimmed to the viewport limits then I process the AEC objects, convert that viewport to a block and chspace. I repeat for each viewport in the drawing then take the layout tab contents and throw it into model.

I actually threatened to take explode away from everyone in the office. I was pissed that day; someone had opened a survey to query some trees (point with style) and they decided to explode them and now some of the damn trees can't be added to a table for credits/debits, won't display correctly, etc.

I absolutely agree with you there.

On a technical note, is it actually possible (using a lisp loading on startup I assume) to take away/stop/block a command (i.e. explode in this case) and not just change the alias for it?

I absolutely agree with you there.

On a technical note, is it actually possible (using a lisp loading on startup I assume) to take away/stop/block a command (i.e. explode in this case) and not just change the alias for it?

You can undefine the command and/or use command reactors to screw things up.