Script file

Insener07

Hody!

I found this in internet:

"I used to have a little lisp that when added to the acad.lsp file, would display drawing information on the status bar. With out the use of lisp I can do the same thing, I just have to go about it differently. I created a startup script & added the following... (watch for word wrap)

MODEMACRO Date =$(edtime,$(getvar,date),mon/dd/yyyy) | Dimscale =$(getvar,dimscale) | LTscale =$(getvar,ltscale) | Dimstyle =$(getvar,dimstyle)

I then added "/b startup.scr" to the target line in my AutoCAD icon. Now every time I start AutoCAD it will run this script & my status bar will have the information I like."

My question is about this "/b startup.scr" file. Where should i save it and where does the name startup.scr comes?

Thanks

M

just a word of warning about using that modemacro thingy : the Dimscale, LTscale, and Dimstyle values that will be displayed on the status bar will only be the values it detects as each drawing is opened, and will not change as the values change within the drawing.

Actually, it would be a good idea for me to check things before writing that something doesn't work in future.

Please ignore my previous post.

As to where to put your .scr file; it can be put anywhere within the folders specified within your startup paths.

You can see the location of your support paths by entering OPTIONS at the command line, then navigating to the Files tab, and then expaning the Support File Search Path.

Whatever is listed there, will be a safe location to place your script file.