Location for Thread?

In general it doesn't matter too much. Most of us click on the "New Posts" button and select what to read from there. Which means the important thing is to only post in ONE forum. Multiple threads with the same question get confusing for everyone.

I think with a menu question I would probably post in the

AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface

forum.

Thanks dbroada for the location suggestion. I'm out of town at a job site and will follow up on post with corrupted file sample Wednesday. I have also gotten a reply from Autodesk on how to make autocad reconstruct to default all the menu files. What autodesk didn't tell me was how the files had gotten corrupted in the first place. The files have multiple $ signs and a bunch of garbage in them. The strangest thing is that my saved files of the original files in a directory called original files are also corrupted. This work station has been setup for about 5 yrs now and has worked flawlessly all that time. Then one day I fired it up and nothing worked....as well as toolbars missing (default & custom)

Later,

Steve

In general it doesn't matter too much. Most of us click on the "New Posts" button and select what to read from there. Which means the important thing is to only post in ONE forum. Multiple threads with the same question get confusing for everyone.

I think with a menu question I would probably post in the

AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface

forum.

That's right, Buggsy! Post your question once, in the forum you think it fits better. If you choose wrong, a moderator will move your post.

Thanks guys for the help. I did have some trouble tracking this thread back down but I finally caught up with it. I copied a few line from on of the files for you all to view and hash out some senerios on how this has happened to my system.

**TB_SHADING

**SHADE

ID_TbShading [_Toolbar("Shade", _Floating, _Hide, 100, 390, 1)]

ID_2doptim [_Button("2D Wireframe", "RCDATA_16_2DOPTIM", "RCDATA_16_2DOPTIM")]$M=$(if,$(and,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),0),$(eq,$(getvar,cvport),1)),^C^C_shademode,^C^C_shademode _2)

ID_Wireframe [_Button("3D Wireframe", "RCDATA_16_WIREFRAME", "RCDATA_16_WIREFRAME")]$M=$(if,$(and,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),0),$(eq,$(getvar,cvport),1)),^C^C_shademode,^C^C_shademode _3)

ID_Hidden [_Button("Hidden", "RCDATA_16_HIDDEN", "RCDATA_16_HIDDEN")]$M=$(if,$(and,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),0),$(eq,$(getvar,cvport),1)),^C^C_shademode,^C^C_shademode _h)

Please keep in mind that my question is; How did this happen??????:cry: