Frozen Layer List

MiGo

I would like to capture al list of all the current frozen layers in a drawing so I can re-freeze all the layers that were frozen prior to running a command like laythw. so maybe a routine for capturing then another one that uses that list to re-freeze.

What's wrong with LayerP after you are finished with whatever you had to do to force thawing all layers?

Absolutely nothing. I use it (LayerP) frequently when working in a single drawing for a multitude of tasks.

However, I have standardized / automated out Layer States as well, which has been an invaluable feature in expediting our production workflows. This has led to fewer mistakes, less time spent on manually ensuring standards, and provided more time for designers / technicians alike to focus on their respective tasks instead.

^^ I'm admittedly a bit biased ^^ :D

Agree with RenderMan.

You can certainly do it with a lisp routine, but Layer States will do it with no code writing needed.

Cheers! :beer:

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but it seemed to be he was wanting to thaw all layers, do some stuff and put them back to where they were. Unless he was editing layer data, LayerP would be quicker and more than sufficient.