Inserting Doors

tennis4you

Is there a way to create a button bar or drop down menu that you can select a block out of? I would love to do that with doors and windows.

Is there a way to create a button bar or drop down menu that you can select a block out of? I would love to do that with doors and windows.

In answer to your question yes.

What problems are you having? If you will search on CADTutor you should find a few examples of macros for inserting blocks. You should also find some lisps around the WWW to insert blocks.

I agree with StykFacE, check into using Tool Palettes.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the kind of macro your looking for.

this also sets the layer prior to insert and changes the current layer back after. you may be able to make it better

^C^C(setq a(getvar "clayer"));-layer;M;RDS_layer;;-Insert;"dcn_issue_stamp.dwg";\1;1;0;-layer;S;!a;;

also if you decide to use palettes i like to make a button to take me straight to desired palette

^C^C*_toolpalettepath;G:/CAD/Palettes/PBR/Doors_windows;TP;

Edited by Spinxy
corrected word