arc and polylines are confusing me big time

psych-arch

moz-screenshot.jpg

If you look at the picture the curved line of the building is what im trying to draw, ive read up on arcs and polylines but cant seem to get it to do what i want, as is always the case with me in cad.

There are radius dimensions? R+value = radius dim? which i guess i should be following, thought it would be as simple as putting an end point and start point and typing in the value given for the radius, how wrong could i have been.

When trying to draw arcs the arc doesnt ever want to appear on the left side of the drawing without making a full circle (could of been using ellipses here)

Any help would be much appreciated,

Being very new to cad i can see myself posting alot on here, and i hope this wont annoy anyone

project.jpg

to make your arc go the other direction, reverse the start end, to get a sweet curve between rooms, rectangle out the area, and divide command. use the spline command to join nodes, the more segments you have the sweeter the curve

drawn the rectangles, should i put some sort of guideline in to act as nodes?

Cheers

will mess around with the various commands, getting there but the dimensions on this thing are a nightmare

hey, the bottom blue dimension (excluding the radius dim) that reads 2.5...how is that 2.5 and the dimension to the right is 2.8? not possible....the line that shows the 2.5 would have to be larger than 2.8....am i overthinking this? i was gonna sketch it out but sumthin isnt right

drawn the rectangles, should i put some sort of guideline in to act as nodes?

Cheers

will mess around with the various commands, getting there but the dimensions on this thing are a nightmare

ok explode all the rectangles, the edge of the exploded rectangles that you wish to curve, use the divide command (edit your point style so you can see them, these will be you nodes, divide these edges up as much as you want with the divide command, join the nodes with a spline, hope this helps.

Cheers englishman in montreal thats helped quite considerably, the curves look sweet although not exact but found out that the drawing attached to this thread was done in microsoft publisher! and as for those radial dims how the hell they will be applied in cad or manually is anyones guess, then it is said that all dimensions are provisional, the main idea of this exercise is to superimpose a structural layout for columns and beams. Following that foundations system and subsequently cladding or basement plans i guess.

Cheers Everyone who replied, really helps!