walk through

rookie37

How do I walk through?

I have to draw a 3D maze. That's no problem.

I then have to view this maze as a person walking through it

Out of interest where did you find the tutorial?

On this website home page

Tutorials

All tutorials hyperlink

perspectives scripts & slides

But it's MUCH more than I am after

By the way, I started another thread by mistake

I'm trying to do something similar to a walk through. I get lost in the help files/tutorials because it explains how to do something vastly more involved that what I want.

All I want is to view this hallway (as if I'm walking through it) from 3 positions only. I don't want to make a slide show or add shadows

How do I save a view as if I were;

standing at the beginning of the hallway

halfway down the hall

looking right when I'm halfway down the hallway

hallway.dwg

i have acad 07 at work so i will have to look at this tomorrow. Typically what you want to do is create a camera view that you can position. When you render you can choose what to render(display, camera etc). Im not sure if 07 can do this or not but typically a walk through can be performed by animating your camera view. Ill take a peek into acad 07 tomorrow unless someone else knows for sure. I know inventor can do this and acad08-09 but i dont know about 07

I use 2004 at home. There must be a way. I can zoom in and change views to top, side, ne orientation etc but eyeballing it, scrolling in is confusing. There must be a more exact way. Im sure this is the hard way and it may not be practical

you can easily save views as if you are walking through, but i dont think you can animate in the older versions. Look for a render or scenes toolbar and try to place cameras in your scene. Then go to your viewports or create a new layout with the layouts tab. You can setup your layout to use current viewport, or any other list of options.

here are a few screen shots for you from acad 07. I created a camera located between the two walls. went to the viewport manager under the Named Viewports in your View menu and set it up so i had two vertical windows, one was *current*, the other is set to camera. Then when you right click on the camera you can set up the preview screen. When you select the camera to move it, you will see the changes in the preview screen before you hit enter. Then to get a nice view you can render your camera view.

I did this quick so i probably left something out. let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

scenehelp.jpg

scenehelp2.jpg

scenehelp3.jpg

you can easily save views as if you are walking through

This is all that I want.

The problem is my lack of accuracy at zooming as is I were walking down a hallway

I'm sure there is an easy way of doing it but I am missing something

you just have to play around with it. Make sure you use a camera and have the camera preview window. You will get it after you play around a bit. There isnt anyway for us to say this zoom or this position works for you.

If everything is drawn to scale you can orient your ucs at a certain point and give your camera coordinates that would be accurate for your height(eyes).

draw a polyline through the maze, then there's a command to do a walkthrough and you'll use the polyline as a path for the camera to follow. i can't remember what it is exactly, i only played around with it one time

draw a polyline through the maze, then there's a command to do a walkthrough and you'll use the polyline as a path for the camera to follow. i can't remember what it is exactly, i only played around with it one time

he stated he was using 2004 at home. I do not believe this is available with 2004.

All information helps. Thank you.

If push comes to shove I will draw at home, bring it to work and take a screenshot of a walkthrough using 2008

so you mentioned using 2004, under your name it says 07, and you say you have 08 at work. 08 will definitely be the easiest. which one do you prefer to work at?

I try to avoid doing stuff for home at work. I will use 2004 as much as I can. I will do the minimal amount I have to at work