** Canceled - Educational Plot Stamp in source drawing. ** Any ideas?

TeeJay

Hey all,

I'm having some problems with ACA 2012 when trying to work with wall styles.

I'm currently on the final year of my IArchitecture degree, up until this point I've used AutoCAD through the AD Student Community , but I've just picked up a book on ACA and was planning to get to grips with it. However, I ran into issues within the first few pages!

When trying to apply wall styles to existing walls in my drawing, I get the following message:

** Canceled - Educational Plot Stamp in source drawing. **

And no wall style is applied. I can edit properties of walls in terms of height and width etc, but can't apply any styles.

Please tell me there is a way to resolve this, surely wall styles are not just completely unavailable in the educational version? I was under the impression that all of the edu versions are identical in functionality to the fully licensed counterparts other than the plot stamp and initial warning message upon opening files/applications. I've been using AD student software for three years (ACAD, Max / Mudbox) and never once come across a limitation in the edu versions.

Many thanks

Just an update, it seems to be working now, having made absolutely no changes at all!

I selected a wall style and drew out a wall, the hatching appeared as it should... following this I could correctly apply the wall style without problem.

Very strange.

Any insight as to why this may have been happening would still prove useful I think, in case it happens again.

Thanks

Any insight as to why this may have been happening would still prove useful I think, in case it happens again.

Thanks

No insight, but whenever you encounter strange behavior - reboot the computer and see if the behavior persists.

Thanks JD Mather,

Hopefully it was just a strange little issue, and reboot is indeed what I will try first if the problem comes up again!

Thanks again