Dimensions text not showing

neuri

notexthx.jpg

As you see in the picture, the word Kitchen appears fine but the red line is where the dimension of the table top is supposed to be. It should show 6999.820mm or something , but it just displays a red line.

I just started learning AutoCAD 2010 through some videos and I came across this problem that I have no idea how to rectify.

I changed my Units to mm if that helps, changed it before drawing.

welcome to the forum.

it looks like your dim is too small. i don't use annotative dims co can't help there, but if you are like me and just use simple dims use command DIMSTYLE, modify and set text etc to larger sizes. you can check where your text is by selecting the dim - there will be a grip point (blue square) where it is. zoom right in and you'll see if it's there.

cant believe it was the text size. was set to 18, bumped it up to 80 and the words came out fine.

thanks alot.