MEP 2012 - Panel system template

s100cky

Hello All,

First post on CADTUTOR! (nervy!)

Basically i have been using cad 2010 for just over a year for electrical layout drawings, i have learnt alot in this time and have decided to try and use MEP 2012 to better my electrical drawings. One element of this is using the 'panel' functions to put distribution boards in place and then edit the circuits in circuit manager. Then i hope to print reports detailing my electrical installation, and circuit properties.

My first question is how do i change the 'phase' settings on my panel properties? I have changed the voltages to UK specs, and i have changed the 'design rules' in style manager,:

With all this done i still cannot change the phase value on the panel properties as it greyed out?

Also i have been looking to try and buy a 'good' autocad MEP 2011/2012 book ideally UK based? any help would be brilliant!

Thank you!

Not trying to scare you away from CADTutor, but I haven't seen much electrical support on this message board. I have been using MEP for almost 5 years now and can't recall anybody that uses AutoCAD MEP in the electrical trade in here. I know there are a few very intelligent MEP guys over at http://www.theswamp.org in the ABS forum (ABS is the old MEP, they just never renamed the forum name). Also, might want to try AUGI.