Will a LISP do this?

Mason Dixon

I work for a caststone company and we mainly do decorative banding on buildings. To make my drawings, I make a plan view based on architects specs and sweep a profile around that plan view path. I've been using SLICE to break it up into chunks that get the banding and others that will be a door, window, etc. It is really tedious slicing up each line for the 3/8" mortar joints that are required to divide each, roughly, 40 inch wide piece of individual caststone.

What I would like to do is make my 3d plan view, put lines in where there is doors/windows, and be able to slice through every one at the same time. Then I would like to be able to select the sections that will be the banding and type a command(guessing custom made?) that will break up the sections into roughly 40 inch pieces that have 3/8" mortar joints in between.

Here is a sample drawing

35m16c1.jpg

I also need to make 'shop drawings' which is a sheet that has a plan view, elevation and section of each piece that I just divided up above, for our mold maker to make the wooden molds for the concrete mix. I guess the same command above would also create an entity in a database for each piece which would allow me to print out a shop drawing ticket for each piece with just a few keystrokes.

Sample Shop Ticket

2ebty6h.jpg

Lastly, the building plan drawings get sent out to the mason's in the field. Would be nice if I could type a command and have each piece labeled with something like A1, B4, etc that shows the mason's where each piece goes in the field.

Sample Field Use

69012e.jpg

I just heard about LISP commands, would something like that do what I need above?

If anyone here thinks this is pretty easy to do, I will gladly paypal anyone who thinks they can help me out in detail here, just PM me your bid price.

Thanks

well i am not a lisp writer, but i believe lisp would certainly help, although i think this would be quite a big job! maybe not impossible.

i expect you would have several separate scripts which do each part of what you are trying to achieve.

someone who knows about coding will be along soon.

also, i assume you are more interested in having someone do this coding for you, than learning how to do it yourself?

also, i assume you are more interested in having someone do this coding for you, than learning how to do it yourself?

Very much so, I just simply don't have the time and my company said they would pay for a custom solution. Please PM me if you want to talk more about this. Thanks.

[OffTopic]

Huh, good 'ole Eglin AFB... I had the pleasure of staying there during Hurricane Duty for a few weeks (Hurricane Dennis I believe?), operating the Depot site, issuing Travel Maps to Semi drivers, and unloading gear flown in by UH-60 (Black Hawk) (i.e., food, water, tarps, medical supplies, etc.).

First we stayed in a building by the airfield with holes in the roof (no major damage to the super-structure), then we moved into gigantic tents (+/-75 occupants ea) with wall sized mobile AC units. LoL

[/OffTopic]

Edited by BlackBox
Typo

The coding is not very hard for the sizing part its just a case of taking a length and working out how many times the block length plus mortar joint fits into a length and then saving remainder. I have done exactly this for a Client it was prefab panels we ended up with a parts list 42x40 3x26 1x12 2x4 etc The dims could be added as you go. Unfortunately I do not have the code.

The parts drawing would be easy also as you make a list somewhere that you can read incase you add more, I think I used a block with attributes

Any PM for offers ? A couple of often posted names here would do it easy.