Custom Tool Palettes

Mr_Ridley

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and have a new question for you guys. Forgive me if this has already been asked.

We have some old timers at the company who have extensive tool palettes with all kinds of custom goodies that they want to distribute to everyone else in the company, or atleast make them available on the network drive. I have already found out how to export and import profiles to make my station's setup look like theirs. I have also exported custom tool palettes but the blocks that are the meat of the palettes aren't there. I get the error "Source drawing "C:\BLOCKS\P&ID\AB001.DWG" for block "AB001" not found." How do I get the source drawings for the button to be active?

Any help given about this will be greatly appreciated. I am sure its just a matter of copy and pasting the source files from "a to b" but I need the locations and other details.

Thanks much,

Ridley

the palette goes to the source drawing to get the appropriate block. In your case it is looking for a block in the path you gave, somebodies C: drive. It would appear that you have a different directory stucture than the person who previously used that palette.

You could copy all the neccessary blocks and folders on to your C: drive but a better solution would be to move them on to a shared network folder. Unfortunately this would mean having to reconstruct the palettes to point to the new drawings but at least you can then keep the drawings up to date for everybody and not have to redistribute a file around the office because somebody has made a small but significant change to it.

There may be migration tools available to re-path a folder but I don't know.

dbroad,

Thanks for your input. I was thinking that it was going to be something very similar to that but was hoping to find a very simple work around. Apparently his palettes are very large and extensive and it will be very time consuming to recreate all of his palettes.

dbroad,

Thanks for your input. I was thinking that it was going to be something very similar to that but was hoping to find a very simple work around. Apparently his palettes are very large and extensive and it will be very time consuming to recreate all of his palettes.

Probably worth doing BEFORE his hard drive crashes then. :)